Chapter 16

(A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while, I had finals. I'm mostly free this week so I'll do my best to update as much as I can as of now.)

Sho's POV-

I blew my nose into another tissue and threw it in the trashcan next to my bed. I let a crispy, dry cough and then went to the sink to spit the phlegm out.

"Ugh..." I groaned in a nasally voice, as I stared at my sink in disgust, before washing it away with the tapwater.

I don't know how I got this sick, but my doctor said a flu's been spreading around so it's not uncommon during this season. 

'I wonder how Mina's doing at school..' My thoughts trailed off, as a foolish smile unknowingly crept on my face. 

I thought about her beautiful brown hair, her cute smile, her bright teeth, and her big eyes, always filled with determination.

I looked through the scrapbook she got me for my birthday. I flipped through the pages, my smile growing wider and wider with each turn. 

I remember opening it after the party was over, all alone in my room, kind of like I am right now.

To think that Mina would make something like this for me leads me to believe that maybe there is still some hope for me. I mean, you don't make a scrapbook filled with childhood photos and cute inside jokes for just a 'friend', do you?

I sighed happily, staring at the photos of us on our middle school hiking trip. It made me feel at ease despite my current condition.

'Mina...'

Ayano's POV-

I gritted my teeth as I observed Oka, sitting in her freaky Occult Clubroom, all happy and giddy. She seemed to be drawing or writing something in her book. I couldn't tell what it was, but I'm sure it had something to do with Taro since I'd just followed her from their previous encounter.

I needed to get rid of her, but I didn't know how. Especially now since that Budo knows about my secret, if I get rid of her in any way that appears to be murder, he can easily tell it was me.

I need to think this through.

'Is it even necessary for me to get kill her? I could find somebody to set her up with, or maybe get her expelled..' 

I pondered. But doing such things would take at least five days, and it was already Wednesday. 

If Oka followed the cherry blossom tree myth, I'd have to act fast.

'Suicide...?'

I thought about it deeply. Oka is already a very suspicious student, and she never seems to interact with others much, not even her own club members. Maybe a suicide wouldn't seem so out of place for a girl like her.

All of a sudden, as I was occupied by my plans to murder Oka, she stood up and left the clubroom. She didn't seem to notice me standing by the door, nor did she seem to care.

'She really lives in her own little world, doesn't she?' 

I decided to follow her to see where she was headed. I noticed she took her little journal or sketchbook with her.

I followed her up the stairs, wondering where she was going. I swore I could have felt some slight footsteps behind me, but I didn't see anyone. I shrugged off the feeling and continued following her.

I trailed behind her up to the rooftop, confused. I watched from afar as she sat on one of the benches near the railing, looking at the clouds, smiling, and then continuing to do whatever she was doing with that book.