Chapter 14

No One's POV-

Ayano was sitting in class, fiddling with her pencil. She was doing her best to concentrate on the chemistry lesson, until she suddenly stopped to observe her pencil.

'This is the pencil I took from Taro-Senpai...' She remembered, surprised that it took her that long to notice. Everything she took from him would have some sort of special aura, everything that even remotely resembled him would instantly catch her eye. 

'Now that I think about it... when was the last time I thought about him?' She recalled, trying to remember. 

The girl was confused, realizing she spent the entire past two days without daydreaming about her beloved. Was she losing feelings? No, it can't be...

How could she deviate from her one true goal, her one true purpose? 

Ayano caressed the pencil with her thumb, reminding herself of her Senpai, dreaming about his beautiful hair, perfect face, and then her mind suddenly flashed with the memory of Sho's birthday party.

Flashback-

"Oh, you mean Ayano?" Taro asked.

"Oh yeah, you know her?"  The auburn haired boy replied, taking a bite out of a cupcake.

"Sort of, I mean, we've only had like really small encounters. We bumped into each other on the first day of school." He answered casually.

"At first I thought she was kinda weird, since she mumbles and stutters a lot, but then I realized she's probably just a shy person. She can be really awkward sometimes though, I don't know why. She's confusing..." He said.

-------------------------------------------------

'Now I remember why I tried to stop thinking about him...' Ayano sulked. Then again, it's not like he thought of her as a total freak, just some random odd person. Maybe she did still have a chance with him.

The bell rang and everyone shot out of their seats, except for Ayano, who took her sweet time gathering her belongings. It was lunch and she had nothing to do except sit, eat, and stalk a boy who indirectly rejected her. 

Ayano's thoughts then suddenly ran towards Budo. To her, he was the most confusing person on the planet. He spent his whole life training in martial arts, known as the heroic, strong, warm guy, and yet for some reason, he doesn't seem to care the least bit about her nature.

It's like nothing ever happened between them. Even though she admitted to murder, told him how she kidnapped someone, tried to kill him, he just doesn't seem to care.

Heck, he's even nice towards her. The ravenette drew her attention back to the time when the martial arts boy fought off that creep who tried to get her to sleep with him, still wondering why he helped her.

He knew about what she did and still treated her better than anyone else in the school, he knew about her and he accepted her...

'Does he want something from me, or does he just genuinely not care about what I did and sees me as his friend?' Ayano pondered. She definitely prefered thinking it was the second case, though her suspicions still remained.

'Friend....' The girl tried to recall any period of her life when she had someone who she could call a friend. Unknowingly, a smile crept up on her lips, thinking about having someone who cares about her and helps her without her having to ask. Someone who spends time with her willingly, makes her laugh, comforts her when she's sad.