in your dreams (imagine)

my imagine!

As I was dancing with another inmate, at the stadium, wolfie—his name was. I noticed that my conversation with him was beginning to reach the end of the bridge, "let's hope that you'll visit Italy one day, it's a really nice place."

"I'll keep that in mind" I nodded with a grin on my face, enjoying his company as he spun me around, which brought me to a chuckle. He extended his hand outward for another person.

The setting was placed in a party, where the theme was around the time of Shakespeare's time. So, that included a formal dance that everyone had to participate in.

We didn't have specific partners, since everyone was going to do the same thing with whoever they danced with, I just decided that since everyone else was taken, I'd dance with wolfie, since he was a good friend of mine.

After we part ways, I faced my sight towards an unexpected appearance. Him. I couldn't believe it.

I couldn't just stop there and ask, "how are you? Are you doing alright?" Or even confess the most likely reciprocated love I felt for him.

No. I just had to stand there, play my part as the inmate dancer, anything else but the interested.

We put our hands up in the air, mirroring our placements as we slowly rotated around each other, never breaking eye-contact. He looked good as usual in a suit, he knew I liked it when he wore it.

After I was on the other side of room, we now rotated clock wise, with our hands reflected upon each other.

His gaze was eyeing mine, yet mine was unstable from the feeling of my nerves embraced. Not of him, but of him noticing me as if I was unworthy of his sight.

The force of gravity was pulling our fingers to touch, my focus shifted on our hands, slowly finding their ways back to each other, as they did before.

As soon as I felt his touch, I felt a sight of relief, as if i had been waiting for a moment like that to awaken me from living in such asylum.

I needed to be freed, rescued from living the same, dreadful day, of not receiving his company. Finally, his arm wrapped around my waist, as our hands led the dance.

"You're actually good at dancing this time" he teased.

He used to call me a bad dancer, yet I taught him to waltz for his military ball. He wanted to take me there, but couldn't because it was too late for me to buy the tickets. I accepted it of course, turns out he won king for his ball and danced with the queen, I wasn't pissed or anything.

I was genuinely hoping he didn't mess it up cause he sucked at dancing. (Oh yeah and apparently the girl sucked at dancing.)

"And you haven't stepped on my feet this time"I snapped back. While I was teaching him how to waltz, he kept on stepping on my feet.

"Ow" I'd say.

"Sorry" he'd chuckle with his head down.

We were by the British pub, as I felt so glued to him, and taking in the moment of feeling his warmth that escalated into me. It felt like a warm place where I could be the most authentic and I looked up at him as he looked down at me,

while it was just the two of us.

"I've always been good at dancing, what's that supposed to mean?" He asked, as he span me around.

I rolled my eyes, "in your dreams." Shortly afterwards, he then guided my figure to hover over the ground, as his figure was leaning down to mine.

"You're the dream I wish upon." He then brought me back up.

I felt my hair fold near my left shoulder, "what's that supposed to mean?" I shook my head.

"It means there hasn't been a day where I wondered why I even bothered to stop talking to you. Every time I try to put myself out there, it either doesn't work, or it's not enough for me. And somehow, when all hope is lost, I find myself trying to run back to you, which obviously doesn't work either.

But if you ever see me with someone else, or looking happy by myself, just know that I'm not. I haven't been for a while, but I also haven't since I realized what I'd done to you."

But he didn't stop there.

He shook his head, "I'm in love with you. I can't go through a single day without thinking of being with you, being around you, or even you in general. It pains me that I can't talk to you as much as you feel as though you can't talk to me. But I think of you, day and night, and dream of you most nights.

Now, I tried seeing Lulu again. I thought that there wasn't really anything special between us, so I decided that I should just move on. Besides, all of our old friends were accepting of her, so it was all good. I tried watching movies with her, it was something we did.

But there was one problem.

I thought about you more, feeling as if I truly lost you. The thought scared me, I didn't want to lose you, even though I made it seem like I didn't need you anymore. But you're so mistaken y/n. So very mistaken. I tried to find a right time to talk to you, when I saw you with Wolfie, it didn't work the first time, so I tried talking to you at the club fair. You seemed like you were in a rush. So I tried the day after that during chemistry, you were very quiet, which was odd.

But it made sense at the moment. And then during that one Friday, I saw you at the library, and I was with her. I noticed you looking at me, and her. I made it seem like I didn't notice you at all, until you left, I looked behind to see if you really left.

I felt really bad, and then I started thinking of you even more. Missing you, wishing that I was still seeing you. It came to a point where I decided to call it quits. And for us to just stay as friends, it was better that way. 

I didn't want to hurt her with my thoughts of you. I didn't tell her I stopped seeing her because of you, I just told her I lost interest.

You were clouding my interest. But sometimes I try to see if I should go for a certain person, and somehow it doesn't work. But, I never lose my complete focus of you. Even if I'm with someone else, there's always going to be that soft-thrilling spot I feel for you.

Because I can never truly stop loving you y/n, no matter how much you push me away or how much I push you away, I can never. stop. loving. you."