Chapter 7

LIES LIKE LOVE Chapter 7

BOTH Andee and Gyo passed the auditions. Gyo was very happy. This would be added to her portfolio as an artist. On the other hand, Andee couldn't even show a hint of happiness.

Cham nudged her. "You passed. Why are you sad?"

"My godmother is the organizer. Isn't she familiar to you? Do you think what happened is fair?"

"Well, yes. Your charm is undeniable. And you also inherited it from me. That spot is really meant for you. What's wrong with you?"

She rolled her eyes at her sibling. She didn't like how others who weren't lucky in the auditions looked at her either.

She put on her hoodie and went out. She went to the smoking area, rummaged through her bag for her brass-colored cigarette case. She lit one and started to puff.

"Andee! Why are you here?"

The person she disliked the most called her—Gyo. Pissed off. She glanced at her nonetheless.

"Oh my God! You're smoking!"

She pointed at the Smoking Area signage.

"Smoking isn't prohibited here. So, what's the fuss?" she said.

"Gosh!" Gyo covered his nose. Andee was surprised when Gyo snatched the cigarette from her hand. "Andee! It's bad for your health! And there's another audition later. Your partner might smell it. It's yuck, you know!"

"What? Another one? Why? You do it then. I'm done!"

"Your sister put you on the list. That's why I called you. She asked me to."

"And you listened?! You're so easy to manipulate."

"She's older than me. And luckily so. You're seriously damaging your lungs. Let's go inside. Before your mom calls you."

"Mom's here?!" She immediately threw her cigarette case. "Don't tell Mom you saw me smoking."

"Crazy! She'll smell it on you, too."

Andee grabbed her perfume and sprayed a lot of it. She was taken aback when Gyo approached her and sniffed her.

"You should just change clothes, Andee."

"Can you really smell the smoke?"

Gyo shook his head. "But your perfume is really strong. Go get changed. God!"

Andee got annoyed at Gyo's exaggeration. She rolled her eyes and covered her nose.

"You're so dramatic. Just stay there."

Andee changed her shirt as Gyo suggested. She tucked the one she changed out of into the bottom of her bag. She felt nervous when her mom approached her.

"You look pale, Andee. Are you sick?"

She shakes her head. "Just tired, ma'am. How much longer until our cue?"

"Next, you and Gyo."

"Huh?"

"Why are you always surprised, Andee? Of course, I'll always pair you together in auditions. She's your friend, I can't pair her with someone else. Right, girls?" her mom turned to her siblings for confirmation.

Andee became even more irritated by her siblings' reaction. The two raised their thumbs up and smiled at the idea of Dee Ar.

"Mum, please don't do this to me. Just pair me with someone else. Just not her."