LLL- Chapter 3

LIES LIKE LOVE Chapter 3

Andee keeps glancing at her watch while waiting for their ride. She feels irritated by Gyo's constant picture-taking.

"Isn't your phone's memory getting full?"

"WePhone 15 Pro Max, 1TB, fully paid," Gyo boasted, showing off the back of his cellphone with the brand logo. "Connected to online storage, so what you're saying is impossible. Hmm? Smile."

She avoids the cellphone. "Cut it out. Stop that."

She becomes even more annoyed as passing students glance at them. She dislikes their stares.

"Holy sh!t! My followers increased!" Gyo pulls the hem of her shirt. "Look!!"

She wasn't interested. She pushed Gyo's hand away. "Childish. Those are just followers."

"Even so. More followers, more power."

Andee was relieved when Gyo fell silent while browsing social media. Her phone rang. She frowned as her dad's number flashed on the screen. She felt obligated to answer it.

"Dad..."

"Anything you have to say, Andee?"

"Nothing, Dad. It's all just a misunderstanding."

"Your mom messaged. Are you meeting her? Should I call her parents? You might end up pregnant."

"Daddy! She's a girl!" she replied irritably. "Dad, don't make a fuss about it. It's nothing."

"Babygirl, it's not just a phase. Okay? It's okay. I understand."

"Dad! No! Tsk! Let's talk some other time. Manong is here now."

"Hahaha! Okay then. I'll just add her. I'll ask how she's doing. Bye, Babygirl! Your siblings should know about this."

"No way! Don't tell them!"

She cursed softly as her dad ended the call. She angrily pocketed her phone and glanced at Gyo, who was still busy scrolling.

The black car stopped in front of them. She was puzzled because another car followed. Three men got out of it. Manong Fredo, their family driver, approached them.

"Miss Andee, they said we're supposed to convoy with them because you have another companion," he said. "It's her, Miss?"

Andee nodded. She turned to Gyo, giving him a sharp look.

"Are you coming with us or are you taking public transport?" she snapped. "Come on. So, we can also return quickly."

"You're so grumpy. It's like you're carrying the weight of the world. Were you conceived with a pineapple?" Gyo approached her. He even put his arm around her shoulders.

She immediately removed it. She disliked clingy people the most. Even her friends weren't given the right to get too close to her.

"Hello, sir," Gyo greeted Manong Fredo warmly. "I'm Gyo. Girl—"

"My schoolmate," Andee interrupted. "Don't believe her. She's just a scammer."

"Oh, dear! Don't take life too seriously. It's obvious your friend here is just kidding around with you. You're just too grumpy," Manong Fredo remarked.

"That's right, Manong! This baby girl is so grumpy," teases Gyo.

Andee just shrugged. She got into the car, not even waiting for Manong Fredo to open the door for her. She informed her mom that they were leaving the campus.

THEY arrived at the Tres Mariaz Building, where the Frontier Artists Center was located. It was managed by her mom, Diana Rae.

Diana is currently talking to the new talents. When her mother sees her, she gestures for Andee to proceed to the office. They are let in by the bodyguard. Andee is surprised when they enter the office and Gyo jumps in and suppresses her scream.

"What's wrong?!" Andee scolds Gyo, who keeps nudging her several times. "Stop it! You're acting crazy!"

"No Chill! Is your mom Dee Ar?!"

Andee furrows her brow for a moment. Then she remembers that "Dee Ar" was her mother's screen name when she was still active in showbiz.

"Yes. Why? What's special about it?"

"Oh God! She's one of my idols! I watched her movies before! I need to take a photo with her later. God! I should tell mom about this. I'll vlog this."

Andee quickly snatches Gyo's phone. "No filming here, Miss. Strictly no videos and photos."

"Tsk! It's just memories. Not everyone gets a chance to meet Dee Ar, you know!"

The two of them wrestled over the cellphone, which her mother caught them doing. They both froze when they saw Diana Rae.

"Mom..." Andee quickly approached to give her a kiss. "There are many new talents. How's your day?"

"Good. Have a seat," Diana Rae guided them to the long sofa. "And her name is?"

"Gyo... what was your name again?" Andee didn't ask for Gyo's full name, so she couldn't properly introduce her to her mother.

"You don't know her name? And she's your girlfriend? Andee? Don't tell me..." Diana Rae's tone was angry. "You surely didn't inherit that from your father."

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. My mistake," Gyo said. "I'm Gyo Adelaide Ramos. Andee and I are schoolmates. Something came up, so I dragged her into the mess. I apologize."

Andee was immensely grateful that Gyo told the truth. "See? All things clear, Mommy. We're just schoolmates. She's just impossible sometimes."

"Gyo Adelaide Cruz Ramos, right?" her mother repeated.

Gyo nodded. "Yes, Ma'am."

"Cruz..." Diana Rae repeated. "By any chance, are you related to the Cruz siblings? You know Charlene, Camille, and Cienne?"

Andee felt nervous. She knew the Cruz siblings. She considered them as her aunts because they were close to the family. And Cienne was the wife of her Aunt Kim. She fervently prayed that Gyo was just sharing their surname. However, her disappointment deepened when Gyo nodded.

"They're my aunt, Ma'am. They're Mommy's cousins," Gyo confirmed.

"Oh really?" Diana Rae turned to Andee. "Well, my dear Andee Stella? I think you need to be friends with her. Expand your circle of friends."

"What? No way! Just because she knows Aunt Cha? Mom, if it's her, then no thanks. I'm okay with just a few friends."

TO BE CONTINUED....