Chapter 2

When Louis decided to run away from home tonight, the last thing he had thought to find himself doing is having a walk with this alpha.

He feels glad that the first one he's encountered is Harry. He could have been so unlucky and could have become the prey of a dangerous alpha, and something terrible could have happened to him. Being an omega and a royal is a terrible combination, especially when you are alone and unprotected.

Louis and Harry leave the latter's tavern and begin to walk together. Where, Louis doesn't know, but he decides he is going to believe that Harry is not going to put him in a situation he won't like to be in. If the alpha wanted to, he would have done something like that to Louis already, since the moment the omega entered that tavern.

The night is still young. As a sign of good luck, the snow has stopped falling. A chilly breeze can be felt, and the only sound that surrounds them is the breaking of branches under the weight of the snow.

When they make it onto the street after taking a shortcut out the forest, it's mostly vacant, lit by occasional torches placed on the sides of the road. It helps a little, just to look where they are walking.

Neither of them have spoken a word since they left the tavern not more than ten minutes ago. A lot of questions are circling around in Louis' mind. He wants to ask Harry about everything. But mostly, why? Why has Harry decided to help Louis, even though clearly Harry's sister, Gemma, had been so obviously against the idea.

He can't find the right words and the courage inside of him to ask that, so the most smart thing he can do right now is be quiet about it, and be thankful in silence for the moment. He looks at Harry in his peripheral vision, hoping he is not being too obvious about it.

Harry does not say a thing; either he is pretending or he really cannot notice Louis' eyes on him. Either way Louis is grateful for it.

The coat on him is mostly doing nothing to keep him warm, and Louis tries to cover himself in silence without Harry noticing. Turns out, he is not that sneaky. Another coat is placed on top of his shoulders, and there are two big hands raising its collars 'til they reach Louis' jaw.

For a minute Louis feels dizzy. He can smell the powerful smell of the alpha surrounding him and making him feel stable. It's strong and musky and masculine all at the same time. A feeling inside of Louis' gut is telling him that he likes it so much, and makes him feel owned and loved.

The idea of smelling like an alpha stirs something in his stomach. An alpha like Harry most importantly. He pushes the thought away immediately, feeling a bit stupid, because he hasn't known Harry for more than an hour, but he feels content and claimed already. The second thought worries Louis, and he starts to speak after realizing he has not said a word after Harry's gesture.

"You do not have to. It is better if you take it back," Louis mumbles and is glad that he can blame his blush on the cold air.

Harry hums. "I don't mind. Keep it. It's obvious that you're freezing."

"But you are going to be cold. And a blouse is all you have on you now," Louis goes to take off the coat, feeling a bit selfish for only him to be warm, and to let Harry be cold on a snowy night.

Harry stops his hands from removing it, and places it back where it was. "You're forgetting that I'm an alpha. We don't need coats to keep us warm. It's in our nature, if you didn't know. Besides, I can't leave a cute little omega like you to freeze to death, now can I?" Harry finishes with a smirk.

Louis blushes madly. He feels Harry's smirk on the side of his face, and it is not helping his situation any bit. "Thank you." It's quiet when he says it, but he is still glad he managed to get it out of him.