Chapter 1

Sitting around the dining table Louis has never regretted it so much. It's not the food why he feels repulsed because the chefs have done a magnificent job like they usually do. It's the words that come out of his parents' mouth in an agreement that he definitely doesn't have a say in.

The year is at an end, New Years a day away, and Louis has just turned the merry age of twenty two. He doesn't even get a chance to breathe before the idea of getting married to a fifty year old, bald headed alpha duke is decided.
The king and queen are more than worried for Louis' future as a royal. The position of king without a second thought had bypassed the prince and been given to Ernest. It's no secret that Louis is an embarrassment to the throne.

He's an unwed omega without any heir and it's well past his time. Since he's no longer next in line for king, he's been waiting for the moment his parents sit him down and announce an arranged marriage. Louis doesn't have a place in the castle anymore. Now that it has come, the food on his plate doesn't look as appealing anymore.

Louis swallows down his food, putting down his cutlery. He looks between the king and queen and the looks on their faces are adamant. They aren't having a royal laugh at all.

"W-What?"

His parents mimic his action and put down their knives and forks along with his younger sisters and Ernest. An awkward silence fills the royal dining room. His mother clears her throat.

"We have decided that you will be marrying the Duke of France, sweetheart."
The blue eyed omega gulps, looking down at his plate shamefully. He wouldn't be in this position if he had just found someone decent enough to marry already.

"We have been discussing this for a few weeks now," his father informs him.

"Upon encountering the Duke of France at your cousin's birthday celebration last month, during your jaunt to Rome, we proposed to him."

Louis glances around the table and as expected, all eyes are on him. He purses his lips and purposely grabs his fork, stuffing his mouth with a large bite of food in an attempt to avoid the conversation if he can. He receives disapproving looks from the king and queen. Lottie even gives a slap to his thigh under the table in which he mewls out in pain, clutching at his leg.

"Not around the dining table," his mother intervenes before urging the king to continue.

"Very soon we will host a ball whereby you will be introduced to the duke and expected to flatter him. We want you to be on a carriage to France within the next three months."

The omega's eyes grow wide and he finally looks his father in the eyes, lips parted and stomach winded.

"Pardon?"

Johannah sighs, resting a hand on Mark's shoulder, silently telling him to let her elaborate.

"Louis, we want you married to the Duke of France in order to maintain your title and your dignity. You will no longer be living in this castle."

"Mother," Lottie interrupts. "Perhaps discuss this where there is not pointy cutlery? I do not think our prince is taking this too well."

"Charlotte, please do stop with your unnecessary input. Violence is not in an omega's nature," Mark states, clearly growing irritated.

"Let your mother continue. Do not interrupt again or you will be dismissed."

Lottie slouches down in her chair, looking down in dishonor and missing the warning glance she receives from the queen telling her to fix her posture. Louis' stomach is twisting in knots, the air in the room increasing in tension and his fate becoming all the more real and undoable. He can only imagine the rubbish they'd receive to the family name if they told the Duke of France they had an unwed omega prince for the taking and didn't deliver.