Chapter 6

"Alrighty all done you and good job on being so brave I have a treat for you both and next time please, please, please don't pick up any glass go tell an adult if you see broken glass on the floor or if anything of yours is broken that is glass okay?" Neteyam said very gently, very softly while smiling at both the little girls who just seemed a tad bit tired although happy that they were fine overall. Tonowari and Jake had gone back home but after the caught up and expressed that they should do it more often, even convince their wives to do double dates as a means of spending more time together, considering they will become in-laws soon due to Lo'ak and Tsireya getting married but also now there is the possibility of sharing grandchildren through their eldest sons. They left Neteyam to examine the girls and Ao'nung was filling out paperwork for Amaia since this was their first time her and Neteyam needed the details since Amaia will need to comeback here to check out the cuts and make sure that they are healing and there's no infection. "Okay bad news is that you both won't be able to write anything or colour in anything since your left hands are injured and no school tomorrow just in case your cuts need to heal" Neteyam said as he was writing down sick notes for both the girls so that they can tell the school tomorrow and show them proof that it was recommended that they stay home.

"You both stay here I just need to talk to Dad outside, okay?" while getting up and gesturing for Ao'nung to follow him outside his office into the hallway so they could talk about the obvious. "I didn't want to mention this, in front of the girls but you need to be extra careful with Amaia and make sure she does absolutely nothing tonight and tomorrow. Her cut could possibly start stinging even worse and bleed again her injury was a little deep but not so much that it needed stitches. I do fear though it might need stitches if it does reopen, and if it does in the middle of the night no matter what please call me and come straight to me I'll give you my address and I can stitch up her cut I have everything at home." He spoke gently and softly hoping that neither girl was listening at the conversation as he didn't want to cause any distress or worry about their cuts since they seemed absolutely happy about their first day of school minus the incident. Ao'nung was nodding along to what Neteyam was saying but was a bit dazed about today's events and the fact that work was extremely busy today which he did not appreciate given that he wasn't able to get his daughter from school today especially when the incident occurred.

Luckily Neteyam had seemed to notice this and decided to later to text his best friend everything he had just told him, Neteyam himself was in a daze at what happen his guilt was eating him up as well with the given situation and decided tomorrow he would spend the whole day with his daughter. Neteyam grabbed a cup of water for Ao'nung, and they sat down on the chairs that were opposite his office door so that they weren't too far from the girls with both of them still in a daze from the incident and the fact that their girls are possibly long-lost twins which was a shock for both of them. "Should we talk about today or tomorrow a lot has happened today and they both seem ok, maybe a little shaken from the cuts and the blood but they're ok it seems. I'm sorry I'm just babbling now, are you okay?" Neteyam said turning to Ao'nung you looked ahead taking in small sips of the water that was given to him.

"I'm sorry my mind is far from here, maybe its best we talk about it tomorrow I'm staying home with Amaia tomorrow maybe you and Amari could come over, they'll probably just be happy to see each other really." Ao'nung softly said almost scared that he will be heard by the girls who were still in Neteyam's office talking to each other and enjoying the treats that Neteyam had given them as a reward for their bravery. "It's been too long Teyam, you're a dad now who would have thought no offence bookworm. What ever happened to the guy that you are still madly in love with remember you use to always tell me about?" Ao'nung chuckled looking at Neteyam with amusement as he sees Neteyam blushing. "Hilarious Nungie if anything I didn't think you would be a dad, a single dad on top of that just like me. I still haven't told him for starters, yes, we still talk, and I just found out something amazing about and no I'm not telling you who it is, my lips are sealed." Neteyam said while playfully shoving Ao'nung, "How about you and your mystery crush, what do you refer to them, your precious sunflower was it or the sun to my moon throughout high school?" giggling at the sight of Ao'nung become extremely shy and blushing profusely.