Chapter 4

Neteyam tightly held Amari's hand as the walked down the hallway towards Mr. Spellman's first grade class relatively early considering it was only 7:00am and there was only a handful of parents were there bidding their children goodbye, allowing themselves to get acquainted with the teachers while the children get acquainted to their fellow classmates. Neteyam and Amari had come relatively early because Norm or Mr Spellman (Amari's first grade teacher) wanted to speak to them first about Amari's desk mate. Norm had been a long family friend of Jake and Neytiri being close to Tommy as well, he was basically the Sully kids uncle he was a part of the family and had met Amari many times before the little girl always talking to him about her favourite books to read and asking questions about what first grade was like ever since she found that he was a teacher.

When Norm learnt about the situation with Amaia Tangaroa's social anxiety, he immediately knew that Amari was going to be the perfect person that she could sit with, giving Amaia a desk mate instead of isolating her which could fuel her social anxiety even more. Amari was the best desk mate for Amaia due to her personality although she is considered to be the opposite of Neteyam she was still shy when it comes to meeting new people that she thinks are kind or remind her or her dad, but anyone rude or mean she tells off. Amari was an extremely gentle soul and extremely patient that it was almost frightening how patient she truly was, once waiting for a flower to bloom early in the morning as the sun rose up, she had waited for three hours which is a lot for a five-year-old child, but it was something that she had gotten from Neteyam.

Amari had been extremely excited to go to school and make new friends who were around her age, she had even made a bracelet for her desk mate once she learned that she was going to sit next to someone, hoping that they will become best friends forever. "Hi Mr Spellman", Amari said excitedly with a wide smile squeezing her dad's hand in excitement to have Uncle Norm as her teacher ever since he told her that he was a first-grade teacher. "Hi Amari, I can see that you're excited for your first day of school that's a good thing. I need to talk to you and your dad, and don't worry you're not in any trouble just wanted to let you know about your desk mate." Norm said looking between Neteyam and Amari.

"Your desk mate she's very, very shy and sometimes might find a little difficulty talking to someone new and getting to know people, she uses little keycards to communicate the first time around. I know that you sometimes like use keycards to communicate with others and I think you will be able to ease her into opening up more and allow her to be comfortable." Norm said talking directly to Amari, who was nodding excitedly, just happy that there was someone who use keycards to write down what she wants to communicate with someone else. They all walked into his classroom to show them where her seat will be and for her to finally settle down even though she was bubbling with excitement on the verge of exploding with pure joy.

"Her desk mate's father did talk to me, and I hope you don't mind that I put her and Amari together, she does have social anxiety and it can escalate, so I thought maybe putting Amari with her will be a good idea considering that Amari is understanding, and they'll be able to talk to each other. But I need to know that you're okay with this I've already told her desk mate about the arrangement, and he was fine with it, I just need to know if you're okay with this arrangement Neteyam?" Norm says. Neteyam blinked the tears away wondering where all the time went his little baby girl all grown, starting her first day at school it bought tears to his eyes, those very tears he was blinking away. "Yes of course, I'm ok with it I think it's actually sweet that you trust her with this responsibility and that she found someone similar to herself. I'm just so worried this is going to be the first time we've been a part majority of the day, will she be okay, what if she needs me and I'm not there for her Uncle Norm? Oh gosh is this what my parents felt when they sent us to school for the first time?"

Our Beautiful Miraclesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें