∘₊✧Jealousy✧∘₊

Start from the beginning

Moni wraps her hand around my shoulder. I just forgot they are my in-laws, I can't talk with them like this, but she squeezes my cheek, "Don't say sorry. When you come permanently to our house, we will have a late night house party and gossip about our husbands together", winks at me with a thumbs up.

I always dreamed, fantasised for a good husband, but in-laws. For me it's traumatic, because in real life, I saw so many toxic in-laws, even in serial stories, the main lead used to have bad relations with parents, or either way in-laws tortured the daughter-in-law. Even Instagram, I know, it's the reality of Indian households, and in that era, getting in-laws like them, may be a result of my past karma. I can't express how lucky I am.

The rest of the journey is similarly cheerful but something twisting in my stomach in nervousness. This area we are currently going through is sooo sophisticated, even if you breathe the air you can feel richness.

And when the car stops in the parking lot of a shopping mall where I can see the posters of 'Reverie', 'Carat Cartel', 'Nirvana', my jaw literally touches the floor.

I guess, the stiffness of my body is prominent when she wraps her hand around me, "See, I forgot to ask, do you have any preference or dream in between gold and platinum?"

I know they have no intention to make me uncomfortable but how to answer this question? Some days ago my mom showed me her ornaments only and let me choose, even she said, if I feel these are backdated we can only afford the necklace and ear-rings to redesign with the use of existing gold. I belong to a mere middle class family, and am thinking of a preference between gold and platinum!!! I only saw images of platinum jewelleries, so I might be scared to touch them at all. In stories, being a middle class family girl to go into billionaire life is so easy, dreamy, getting all the things she dreamed of, but in reality it's scary, what I can't manage with their upbringing. What if in my dressing sense, bargaining everything before buying anything, it's difficult.

When these thoughts are passing through my brain, from outside I am frozen. I come out from thoughts when I hear Aranyo's voice.

"Maa, we have other occasions after marriage to give gold, even I already fixed an appointment with Nilalohita, don't worry"

Wait. The fuck. Nilalohita. Nilalohita De. The owner of Nirvana. Appointment!! Fuck yes, maybe they are business friends. God, I want to run from here.

So, is the owner of Reverie and Carat Carlet, also his friend?

Babi speaks up, while Moni is dragging me inside from the parking lot, "But I guess simple diamond jewellery based on platinum, will look good."

What the fuck, they are saying good, as if they are choosing daal from grocery shops and discussing which daal is good.

Moni speaks up, "I guess, let's choose the dress first, then we can choose designs accordingly. If we are thinking about something simple for this one, I guess Ruby Emerald will be a better option than diamond."

They are not flexing. They are not flexing. They are not flexing.

Aranyo looks at me, "It's just we are discussing about our choices, but you will wear them, so feel free and comfortable to choose them"

Moni and Babi nod their heads in sync.

When lift comes to the end, the floor , the glass, the metallic dark blue aesthetic, everything is so sophisticated.

One young girl, dressed in a suit, comes towards us, "Today, Arav sir got busy in some meeting, so Ronav sir is here to attend to you. Please come with me."

I am not in shock anymore, but an audible gasp escapes from my throat. Three heads turn towards me, "Are you feeling uncomfortable", three worried whispers.