𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

"𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗟𝗬 one of the most worthless sons of Poseidon I've ever had the displeasure of—"

"I'm the only son of Poseidon you've ever met," Percy shot back.

"Not true," Marielle said, turning up her nose. "I've met Tyson, and he's a million times better than you."

"I'm sorry," Percy said sarcastically. "What exactly is your problem with me?"

"My problem," Marielle emphasized, "is that you capsized my boat!"

"That was actually my fault," Thalia said, easing a sheepish hand. "I was driving."

"Well–" Marielle sputtered for a bit. "Well, he's the only one who can un-capsize my boat!"

Jackie turned to Grover, who had helped get all of the Hunters' things on to the deck and was now staring at Marielle and Percy's bickering with a resigned look. He caught her gaze.

"Don't bother," he said, sighing. "Only person who could get them to stop was Annabeth, and she . . ."

"Yeah," Jackie said quietly. She'd only known Annabeth for about two minutes, but . . . the girl had given up a lot for her, to get her here. "Annabeth."

That got Marielle's attention. She held up a hand to quiet Percy–which made him fume silently–and turned to scan the crowd. "Where is she? Where's Annabeth?"

When no one could answer her question, she faced Percy again and Jackie knew what was going to happen.

"So," she began, growing steadily in volume. "You not only capsized my boat, but you also lost my best friend?"

"I didn't—!"

"Oooooo-kay!" Jackie tried, elbowing her way in between them. "How about we do something productive instead of arguing for no reason?"

"She's right," Marielle said stonily, though her glare didn't shift an inch. "Stop arguing with me for no reason."

Percy drew himself up. "I'm not—"

"We'll take them to Chiron," Marielle interrupted.

"Right," Percy replied, and neither of them moved.

"Oh, my god," Jackie murmured, and walked directly in between them, up the dock. "Which way is it? To the amphitheater?"

Behind them, Grover and the Hunters split off, going off towards the woods. Thalia and Nico trailed behind, quietly chatting. Bianca had, of course, gone with Zoë.

Marielle sped up and took Jackie's arm. "No, Chiron's in the Big House–over there. See the blue—"

Percy came up on Jackie's other side. "He's our trainer, for quests and stuff."