𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

ALICIA COUGHED UP WATER AS SHE WAS NOW LAYING ON A PLATFORM

She looked at Percy, breath heavy.

"Did...did you just pull me out of there with that water power stuff?"Alicia asked.

"No."Percy denied, knowing that he did it.

"Did you just-"

"I don't know. Maybe? I'm figuring this out as I go."Percy said as he began to stood up. After he stood up good enough, he helped Alicia up, who at first looked at her wet clothes. At least she's alive. She sighed before looking at the shield.

It was in the hands of a golden statue, a golden chair in front of it.

"How are we supposed to get that thing down?"Percy asked and Alicia shrugged a bit.

"I think...I think these things are connected somehow. It's a machine, but how do you start the machine?"Alicia spoke up.

"It was a gift. With a hidden purpose."Percy began and Alicia looked at him,"Hephaestus offered it to hera, but as soon as she sat in it, she couldn't get up. All the gods tried, but the machine was too smart. It was too strong. It was too much. Even for them. Finally, they sued if Hephaestus let hear free, Aphrodite would be his wife. The chair is a bargain. One of us goes in, the other gets the shield."

Alicia nodded,"I'll do it."She said without hesitation. She moved forward but Percy gently grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"What? Wait a minute."

"Whoever goes in, isn't coming out. That seems pretty clear."Alicia said.

"I know this is why I said wait."Percy said, he would never forgive himself if something happens to Alicia.

"This isn't the arch, seaweed brain. You're not pushing me into the stairwell again."

"Yes, i am."Percy argued, never in his life he's going to let Alicia do this.

"I'm not gonna let you this time. It doesn't work that way."

"It's why you're here."Percy said.

"Excuse me?"

"When I was choosing my team, I knew that you would help me no matter what. But I knew too that you wouldn't let this quest come in danger. That you want to prove yourself, that you're not some kind of arrogant dumb blond. And I know you are so much more than that."

After Percy said that Alicia's eyes softened, but she still couldn't let Percy do this. She would never forgive herself.

"I can't believe it, but the fates were right. There's no getting around this. We dodged it at the arch, barely, but....maybe this isn't something you can dodge forever."Percy finished.

"The Oracle chose you. The gods chose you!"Alicia said.

"Stop! It isn't about that."

"What could it possibly be about if it isn't about that?"