3. "Heart Attack"

"Kaise batae kyu tujhko chahe
Yaara bata na paaye
Baatein dilo'n ki dekho jo baaki
Aake tujhe samjhae
Tu jaane na, Tu jaane naa"

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Ruhaan's Pov:-

I caught her wrist just before she tumbled down the stairs, and she collided with my chest.

As I looked at her face, her gaze remained fixed on the butterfly.

We remained frozen like that for a moment until the butterfly fluttered away to somewhere else.

"You were on the verge of breaking your bones over a mere butterfly," I remarked, releasing her wrist.

I observed her from head to toe, noticing that she was shivering.

"I can't believe it," I exclaimed. "Are you serious?"

"She has Lepidopterophobia," Nidhi explained as she descended the stairs.

"Who even has such unusual phobias?" I remarked, shrugging.

Isha placed her hands on my shoulders and said, "Don't be so harsh, Ruhaan. You must have some phobia too."

"Haan mujhe aise ajeeb logo ka saamna karne ka phobia hai" I replied, then walked toward my car.
("Yeah, I have phobia of encountering such odd humans")

I decided to drive the car since it's MY car and it was so uncomfortable to sit with so many people in the back seat.

I was driving peacefully and everyone maintained a silence since we all were too tired.

Suddenly, a ringtone shattered the deep silence.

I saw Isha taking out her mobile from the rear-view mirror.

She picked up the phone and started talking, it was chachi.
(Uncle =chacha, Uncle's wife = chachi)

As I gazed upon her face once more, I noticed her expression shifting to an emotional one. Tears welled up in her eyes, causing both Zayn and me concern.

"What happened Isha?" I inquired finally, driven by curiosity.

With a tear-streaked face, she looked at me and uttered, "Dadu had a heart attack... he's admitted in the ICU. It's critical."

🌻

Sunrise hospital
2:38 am

I sprinted towards the ICU ward, heedless of my surroundings. Nothing held importance to me at that moment; all I desired was to reach the ICU.

Worst-case scenarios began to flood my mind as I drew closer to the ward.

I have my mom, dad, uncle, aunt, everyone but my grandfather is the most important person to me.

I would sacrifice my own life to save him. He means the world to me, the fear of losing him quickened my heartbeat.

Finally, I arrived outside the ward and saw my mom, dad, uncle, and aunt standing there, their faces tense with worry.

I stood close to the ICU door trying to peek inside the ward but nothing was visible.

I heard footsteps coming towards us. I turned back and saw Isha, Zayn, Nidhi, Naina, Tanya, Aryan and Aaruhi.

Isha hugged her dad right away and he patted her back.

"Dad sab theek hojaega na? Isha said with a breaking voice
("Dad everyone will be alright right?")