"obviously you wanted it when there was a power outage"

Max took a few steps closer to me and I felt my heart start to race but I tried to play it cool.

"It was you who held me, remember?"

"You obviously enjoyed it"

"if you're just going to bother me you can go"

"why are you so hard on me all of a sudden"

"because I thought we had finally become friends but the second your dad was around and humiliated me you just stood there and watched without saying a word, and that's not what friends do. you also go from being ice cold to warm and soft to to be cocky and I don't want that kind of person near me. you said yourself we weren't friends so stop thinking we are"

"but seriously belle i didn't mean that"

we were now standing a few centimeters apart and just staring at each other. I was filled with irritation and adrenaline and his eyes were hard to tell what was on his mind. the air felt thick yet pleasant as Lando broke the silence.

"are we disturbing something or" Lando started giggling with Danny.

"absolutely not, shall we go now" I said and headed for the door.

--------------

practice had gone badly and I couldn't fully focus. driving in Monaco had always been a dream for me even though everyone said it was one of the hardest tracks on the calendar and that made me nervous.

when practice was over and i had jumped out i tied my suit around my waist and took off my helmet. Olivia came rushing and asked me to do some interviews and I sighed but followed her to the interview booth. The questions were always the same but with different wording and I was seconds away from roaring but tried to remain as professional as possible.

after 20 minutes I was finally free from everything and I went to my driver's room and changed. I put on music to try to clear my mind before the qualifier tomorrow. when i was done with everything i walked towards the car i saw one of my favorite people, carmen.

"George said you would come tomorrow"

"Want to see the little sister so I came earlier" Carmen laughed.

"do you want to come home with me or do you want to go to a cafe"