Arjun's outfit

I suddenly felt someone behind me trying to grab my ass while dancing behind me

I suddenly felt someone behind me trying to grab my ass while dancing behind me. I turned around, to find a giant guy smelling like beer smirking at me. I immediately pushed him away and went away from the crowd to get some air.

Adi (my 'protector') was busy sticking his tongue in some girl's throat so I went without disturbing him.

I poured myself a drink and started going towards the riverside. I felt someone following me so I turned around to see the same creepy guy who groped me behind.

"Come on, let's have some fun pretty girl."

"Go away!"

"Playing hard to get I see. I love a good chase." The audacity of this man I swear.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I smashed the vodka bottle I had in my hand on his head. Fair, no? I heard a chuckling sound from a distance but ignored.

"What the fuck, bitch!" He yelled while his head was bleeding a little, didn't look too fatal. It should've been ugh!

"I told you to go away asshole"

All this was too much for me so I thought to finally go back to my tent. As I was walking away from that creepy man, I saw that same someone who was staring at me earlier leaning near a tree with a satisfied smirk on his face. I figured he was the 'mysterious chuckling sound'.

"Loved what you did back there." He said pointing towards the creepy guy.

I liked how he didn't interfere like a typical macho man and came to my rescue acting like 'gentleman'.

"Well, thanks." I returned the smile.

"I am Arjun, by the way. I am here with my friends. You here with the college group?"

"I am Vaani, yes I am with the college group." I lied. Thanks mum for the paranoia and trust issues.

"Too bad you wasted your drink on that pig. Wanna get one with me? I promise I won't grope you." He said while raising his hands with an adorable fucking smile. It did something to my heart that I can't explain.

"You just saw what I'll do even if you try."

"I sure did. I am low-key terrified of you, Vaani. So shall we?" He said while giving me his hand.

"Let's go Arjun." I took his hand and we started walking back towards the party.

He got me a drink and one for himself. We sat near a bonfire talking about his love for music and my love for painting while the song 'Hona tha Pyaar' by Atif Aslam played in the background.

I lied about a few things like I was 19 and I am in college. Not to forget the fake name. I just can't trust anyone so easily. He told me he is 21 years old and is in his last year of college, majoring in business which he didn't want to do but did it for his father. He could be lying too, no? Trust issues.

There was not a single moment when he was not staring at me. But it never made me uncomfortable or uneasy.

We sat there for almost an hour when his friends came near us. There were 2 girls and 3 guys. They introduced themselves, so did I. One of the girls, held his hand and pulled him up and told him to sing a song. I was just standing there awkwardly listening to them. Suddenly Adi also came out of nowhere and asked me if I wanna go back to the tents. I agreed and turned around to look at Arjun for the last time before leaving and he was already staring at me.

"So my friend is here, I should go back to my tent now. You also enjoy with your friends." I said giving him a goodbye smile.

"Can you stay for 10 mins for the song?" He asked. 

He just told me how much he loved music and singing so I was curious to hear him sing. Also, he asked with that adorable fucking smile so I could not refuse. No, not again, my little asshole heart!

"Sure." I asked Adi to stay for his song and he agreed too.

He went to get his guitar and sat in the front of the crowd. I stood at his left with Adi. He gave me acknowledging nod before starting.

(Imagine he sang this song)

Throughout the song he maintained an eye contact with me. He used to close his eyes during singing the high notes but other than that, our gazes were locked to each other. Everyone hooted, cheered and clapped when he finished. I gave him a wide 'loved what you did back there' smile same as he gave me when I smashed the bottle on that pig's head. Pig? Why am I repeating his words.

Back off, Ayesha. Right this moment. You are not going to go that road I told myself.

He came towards me and pulled me in a hug. I too snaked my arms around him. I felt so natural. Homely, even? He smelled so good, a mix of whiskey, cigarettes, leather and his strong cologne. Yes I am freak who likes cigarettes' smell.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yes."
No you won't. I can't do this.

He's so full of life and I should be far away from him.

Guys please let me know what you think about the story. Reviews are welcomed. Please Be nice ☺️ and vote please, if you want me to continue writing.
Upcoming chapters' spoiler reel on my insta- @crazycrazywriter