Chapter 38 | Something Great Will Happen

Start from the beginning

He watched your expression for a while, wondering what brought you to say that. He would've inquired about it, but then you already reached the library and changed the topic.

For the following days, you two became busy studying together in your school's library for the entrance exam which was coming in less that two weeks. You had to ask for some day offs from your part time so you could study, and even took a break from doing art commissions. You'd be a little tight in budget, but you had no choice but to dedicate time into studying so you could attend the same University as your honor student boyfriend.

Even after you both finally finished taking the University's entrance exam, there still wasn't time to relax since you had to work extra for all the day offs you had. Life just isn't easy anymore and you needed to work hard to pay for your rent and bills. Thankfully, Kuroo is such an understanding boyfriend who'd even pick you up from your work and walk you home.

"It's already February, the results should be coming out soon." You mumbled, walking hand in hand with your boyfriend.

"Nervous?"

"A little, I guess."

"You worked hard, and I'm proud of you. I'm sure something great would happen."

His words made your heart flutter and gave you a boost of confidence. You squeezed his hand, nodding as you gave him a smile. "Thanks."

After a couple more days, you two were now standing in front of the bulletin board of the university where the exam results were posted, your heart hammering nervously as you searched for your names.

"Kuroo, look!" A smile appeared on your mouth when you saw his name, along with his score's rank as the 20th out of all examinees. "You made it!"

"Heh. My girlfriend's much more awesome, see?" He pointed at a certain name, a smug smile on his face.

You followed where he was pointing at, and your eyes widened in surprise and glee as you found your own name, ranking 8th. Your smile widened, and you were instantly filled with happiness and a bit of disbelief. "I... I also passed?!"

"Kuroo, I passed! We both passed!" You turned to him, unable to contain the excitement you felt. You were too lost in your happy bubble that you didn't realize you had jumped to hug him in front of the other applicants.

"I told you, didn't I? Something great will happen!" Kuroo caught you and wrapped his arms around your legs, grinning happily. "We did it."

When realization finally dawned on you after you heard a few people whispering how cute you two were, you immediately felt embarrassed and covered your face with your hands. "K-Kuroo, put me down."

"You're the one who jumped." He chuckled, but did so anyway.

Before you could attract more attention just from having a hot boyfriend, you grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the crowd. Your smile still remained on your face, as well as the happiness and satisfaction you felt at that moment.

"Say, is there anywhere you want to go to?" You asked, turning to him with the same excited smile.

Seeing you in such high spirits made him happy, as it was a rather rare sight. "You don't like crowds, so how about an art gallery?

"I'm asking where you want to go, not where I'd want to." You replied with a slight chuckle. "I don't mind going to crowded places once in a while. It's our 100th day since we became a couple too."