Chapter 34 | Women Are Born Dramatic

Start from the beginning

"Ah, sorry, did you have plans with your boyfriend today? If it's too much of a bother, it's fine! I'll just look for someone else!"

You shook your head, taking a deep breath before forcing out a small smile. "Not really. I'll answer that survey."

It really didn't take too long, but the volleyball team's practice have already started when you arrived outside the gym. Seeing they were all busy and knowing they have a big game coming, you decided not to enter and simply wait outside.

'There's nothing wrong with us, is there?' You wondered to yourself, leaning against the wall just beside the gym entrance. You've been standing there for a while, lost in your own thoughts that you didn't even notice a certain first year approaching.

"Eh? (Y/N)-san?! What are you doing out there?"

Hearing a familiar voice, you snapped back to reality and found Lev looming over you with a curious expression. "Why don't you come inside? Is something wrong?"

"No, just... uh, more importantly, you're already late, aren't you?" You gave him a stern frown, in which he smiled guiltily in return.

"L-Late?! No, no! My class just finished!"

You just shrugged. Not that you believed him, but you didn't want to debate. "Whatever."

"Oh, I'll call Kuroo-san for you! You're here for him, right?!" Lev stepped towards the door, and you visibly panicked at what he's about to do.

"No, wait—"

"Kuroo-san! (Y/N)-san's here for—"

"Hey, Lev! You're late!"

"Ah, Kuroo-san went to the storage." He muttered, ignoring Yaku's remark as he turned to you. "I'll be sure to tell him though."

"Lev! Hurry and come here!"

"It's fine, I wasn't waiting for him anyway." You replied drily. "You should just go to your practice."

"Eh? Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

You waited until Lev had entered the gym before letting your tears escape. Your heart clenched at the realization that Kuroo might be avoiding you, and as your vision became blurrier from the tears that formed, you removed your glasses to wipe them off, then noticing approaching figures.

"Hmm? Nekoma's manager! W-Wha— What's wrong?!!"

You put your glasses back on to see clearer, recognizing the two guys now standing in front of you. One had white and black hair in streaks jutting upwards and resembling the head of an owl, while the other simply had a messy black hair. It didn't take too long for you to recognize them as the Captain and Vice Captain of Fukurodani's volleyball team.

"Are you alright?" The calmer one asked, handing you a plain blue handkerchief. "Here."

Your face reddened slightly from embarrassment before looking away. "I just got something in my eye. I wasn't crying."

"So they didn't bully you to the point of crying?!" Bokuto questioned, pointing at the inside of the gym as he referred to the Nekoma team. Wherever he got the idea was something you wanted to question.