My mind raced when I heard the question. Help...help...what if I harm him? What if I make things worse...what if...what if I destroy his mind? UN must have seen my panic as he stood up from his seat at INTERPOL's desk and sat next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to reassure me. It didn't help.

INTERPOL sat back at her desk as she nonchalantly announced, "Provided that you do not wish to accede to Poland's request, we shall be placing the restraints back onto you for an additional month."

"You didn't have to say that INTERPOL."

"Well, I think he should know the consequences of not helping," INTERPOL replied, flipping through the papers in the blue file she was reading earlier. She took off her glasses as she examined one of the pages before huffing in irritation. UN sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose. I stared at the ground, feeling myself detaching from reality. My surroundings began to warp as my thoughts began to spiral

down...

                down...

                                down...

                                                  down...

"FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY!" I was jerked back to reality when INTERPOL screamed at me. UN looked at me in concern as I tried to shake off the dazed feeling. INTERPOL was right in front of me, her striking blue eyes boring into mine. I leaned away as much as I could and apologised for spacing out.

INTERPOL let out a soft sigh, her hardened eyes softening as she walked back to her desk. "I know the decision is a very big one and I'm sorry if I came off sounding harsh but please...I would like it if you could help Poland," her tone had softened as she spoke. I looked at the ground, wishing the answer would surface from there.

"What are you afraid of?" UN asked me, lifting my head up to face him. Looking away from his unnerving gaze, I muttered, "What if I mess it up? What if I can't help Poland? I've never tried this before. What if I just make his nightmares worse for him? What if...what if...what if..." Soon, all my worries were pouring out of me as my body shook uncontrollable. The dam holding back all my emotions had finally broken as I sobbed. I only stopped when UN squeezed my shoulder. Sniffling, I tried to collect myself.

"So you want to help Poland but you're scared that you'll harm him?" he summarised. I nodded miserably, a glum expression on my face. "I just...I just don't want to harm him any further," I told him. INTERPOL chuckled as a rare smile crossed her face. "It's okay to be scared but you have to try at least," she told me. I buried my head in my hands as East and West's voices flooded my mind.

You need to help Poland, Germany. If we don't, he's going to suffer even more, West advised me.

But it's not like he appreciates the help! What if you mess it up? Ha, he'll hate you more! East retorted back.

Oh stop being such a pessimistic pest East! Germany can do it, I know he can! West shot back.

Ah yes, the amount of faith you hold in the same person who lost control of his ability. Oh yes Germany indeed, East answered sarcastically. I could almost hear him clapping.

Seeing that I was getting nowhere, UN decided to end my misery by wrapping up the meeting. "You can come back here anytime this week to give us your answer. If you decide not to help, we won't blame you or anything okay? We want you to do this on your own free will. Please don't take Vice-Principal INTERPOL's words to heart," he assured me. I nodded numbly, allowing INTERPOL to usher me out of her office.

As I exited, she placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her in curiosity as she sighed. It looked like she wanted to say something yet was hesitant to do so. In the end, she simply bidded me goodbye. I bowed before hurriedly leaving.

*

The rest of the day passed in a nauseating blur. I couldn't concentrate and simply shuffled from class to class. Simple questions baffled me to no end while explanations went in one ear and out the other. All I could think about was the meeting. That goddamned meeting.

When the final school bell of the day rang, I headed back to my dorm room. To my surprise, Poland was there. We looked at each other before he broke the silence. "I suppose the Heads told you what I wanted?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why? Why do you want someone who hurt you to...to reverse what they did? Why? Are you not scared that...aren't you...Do you have no self-preservation instincts? What if I damage you further? What if you...this doesn't help? What if you never come back?" my breathing became erratic as I continued to shoot question after question at him.

Poland was silent for a few moments, as he hung his head. But when he looked up at me, his emerald green eyes were blazing with determination. "You owe me. For not standing up to your father when he was torturing me and my dad and for harming me."

I stared at him before whispering, "You want me to repay you at the risk of your own mind shattering?" Poland, that idiot, nodded without hesitation. I looked at him, mind spinning. How could he trust me with something so fragile?

"Are you stupid?"

"Excuse me?" Poland looked at me, offended, "Are you trying to make an excuse because—"

"What if something goes wrong? How will the King react? That his one and only son—"

"Then you better pray that you don't f**k this up because I am trusting you with my life right now," Poland shot back. My ears perked up as I looked at him, stunned. Did he just say he trusts me? That's new... He looked at me, a scowl on his face as he asked me what I was looking at. I quickly looked away, face red from embarrassment.

"So? What's your answer?" he asked me.

"I...I'll help."

A smile emerged on Poland's face although he tried to hide it away. "Wonderful. Tell UN tomorrow and he'll arrange a session with WHO to discuss how we will go about this," he ordered. I nodded, a bit miffed that his first words were not of thanks. Poland brushed past me as he headed off to dinner. However, as he walked away, I heard him mumble, "Thank you Germany." Before I could respond, the room's door had closed, leaving me all alone.

A/N: AHHHHHHH GUYS WE HIT 1.1K!!! I'm so thankful to everyone who's read my book so far :D To celebrate this, I'll be holding either a QnA session or make a drawing or make a drawing of something in BbD (taken to vote if chosen) so please vote which one you want! One vote per person!

Q AND A!!!!!---

DRAWING!!!!--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

QUESTION TIME!

1) Is Poland too rude?

2) What is your favourite country?

Aight, that's all for today. See you soon!