Chapter 30 | How To Piss Off Your Parents 101

Start from the beginning

"Are you not going to welcome us back, (Y/N)?" Your mother questioned with a raised brow.

"W-Welcome back, Mom and Dad." You nervously smiled at them, averting your gaze elsewhere until it landed on her suitcase. "I'll carry that for you."

"No need. Your grandpa would be picking us up."

"Oh, right." There's no denying that you felt pressured just being around them, as if they weren't your parents. You couldn't relax at all.

Your father looked at you through the rearview mirror as the four of you, along with your grandpa, drove to their house. He can't help but feel bothered by how fidgety you were being, and he was worried.

Unlike your mom, he's a little more loosened up, but still, he's under her power, so there really isn't anything much he could do once your mom says something. "Something wrong, honey?" He asked.

"No, nothing!" You squeaked, sweat trickling down from your forehead as you accidentally caught your mother's gaze from beside you. "I'm just a little excited for tomorrow, that's all."

"Excited? How could you be, when you're only going to embarrass us? Are you prepared hearing our relatives cricitisms? Because I am not." Your mother scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I sure wish you're done with that stupid rebellion of yours."

You became quiet, sinking back on your seat as your heart ached from her words. You're aware of your own mistakes, but hearing it like it's the only thing you've ever done in life, like you've never done anything good, it made you lose all confidence you had in yourself.

Soon you arrived at your grandparents' house where the Christmas party would be held as usual. For a spacious mansion, it was lacking of people. Only your grandma and grandpa lived in it, since all their children have moved out with their own families. They had one maid to help them around, and that's all. All the bedrooms are unoccupied, so you were able to have one for yourself to stay in.

You immediately texted Kuroo that you've arrived, and how suffocated you were already feeling. But when he didn't reply, it only made you more troubled.

A knock on your door, and you immediately scrambled and grabbed a random textbook from your bag that you brought as a prop. You flipped it open and pretended to read as the door opened, revealing your concerned father.

"Are you busy?" He stepped inside, closing the door behind him while looking at you. "You don't have to pretend like you're studying. The book's upside down."

"O-Oh." Your face flushed and you placed the book down, fidgeting nervously as you looked down on your hands. "I'm sorry."

Your father sat down on the edge of your bed and placed a hand on your shoulder. "It pains me to see how wary you are around us. We're your parents."

You didn't say anything.

"Once we're all in America, I promise we'll be close as a family again." He smiled warmly, but you couldn't bring yourself to return that smile or even look at him. You couldn't say anything even. "And I'll convince your mother to let you take the course you want."

You couldn't feel happy about it at all. The only thing repeating in your mind was that you didn't want to come with them.

"W-What if..." You stuttered out nervously, glancing at him from the corner of your eyes. "... I don't want to go with you?"

His face immediately frowned, and you closed your eyes as you braced yourself for his harsh words.

But instead of that, you both heard your mother screaming your name repeatedly, her voice getting louder as she got closer to your room.

"(Y/N), you little brat! Come out!" She slammed your door open, her face flushed and anger was evident on her expression. Storming over to you, she gripped your wrist tightly and pulled you up and off your bed. "What's the meaning of this?!"

"W-What is it, Mom?" You felt scared. You've never seen her as angry as she is right now.

"What's wrong, honey?" (Father's Name) tried to calm her down.

"I can't believe this!" She started dragging you out, making you wince and cry at the pain of her grip.

"Mom, please, it hurts!" You cried out, but she only glared at you.

Stopping at the living room, she tossed you to the floor. You heard someone call your name worriedly, and the familiar voice made your eyes widen. It all came down to you, and you slowly realized what the cause of her anger was.

You felt his hands on your shoulders, carefully aiding you up to the couch. When you turned to look at him, you can't stop your eyes from widening with a look of fear and worry. He really was there.

"W-What are you doing here, Kuroo?" Tears fell from your eyes.

"I told you, didn't I? I'll be with you through everything." He smiled at you reassuringly, but you just can't calm down. It was an unexpected turn of events, and you didn't know what to do as you saw the glares coming from both of your parents and grandparents.

"Explain this, (Y/N)." Your father sternly uttered, the softness from his tone earlier in your room completely disappearing. "Who is that boy?"

You trembled on your seat, and you couldn't stop your tears from falling as you realized everything might be over from this. You didn't know what to say or do, but you can't bring yourself to hate or get angry at Kuroo for doing something like this without letting you prepare.

He grabbed your hand, holding it tight despite the cold and harsh gazes from the adults around you. With a smile, he looked at you reassuringly. "Trust me."

He didn't even seem fazed or a bit scared as you looked at him. But then looking into his eyes, you found fear. You saw how nervous he was, but he was still able to muster up his courage and introduce himself to your parents.

Standing up, he faced them seriously, and you could feel how his hand slightly trembled against yours. "Mr. and Mrs. (L/N), I'm Kuroo Tetsurō. I'm—"

"He's my boyfriend." You cut him off, standing up as well as you faced your parents.

It was because he was there that you were able to have courage, and because you didn't want him to face them alone. It was a battle you two had to face, and you were willing to go to war.

But of course, your parents and grandparents weren't pleased.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————