Chapter 26 | 愛

Começar do início

---

"Don't mind! Don't mind!"

Kuroo couldn't even get his head in their practice games, which frustrated him knowing he's the captain, and that the Tokyo Representative Playoffs was in 3 weeks. His team noticed, but they didn't say anything out of respect, and just cheered him up in their own ways.

Except Kenma. The setter was the only one who brought it up as soon as their club practice ended, and the two were walking home together after getting off of the station.

"Kuroo, is there something wrong?"

The taller male sighed, tilting his head to look up at the sky. "I don't know what's the right thing to say or do." He thought about you, the words you yelled at him that broke his heart. He wanted to stay and comfort you, but he didn't want you to feel guilty if he skipped his practices for you. "Has (Y/N) told you about it?"

"No. What is it?"

"Her parents wants to take her to America after she graduates high school..." Kuroo was saddened at the thought of having to be away from you, but he didn't even know if you wanted to go or not, which is why he didn't know what to really say.

"Have I ever told you how our family's strict specially to the girls?" Kenma started, unusually not holding his gaming gadgets as he focused on talking to Kuroo. "They're not allowed to date until after they finish college, they're expected to have good grades and be part of the higher ranks, they could only pursue professional careers, blah blah..." His expression cringed slightly. "Basically, the family wants to create successful and powerful women. Since it's my dad who came from their family, I don't experience that strict upbringing... and they don't really care about the boys. But it's different for (Y/N), she used to follow that policy too, but since coming here, she started to break free."

Kuroo remained silent, listening to his childhood friend as he spoke about you. Kenma's always been observant, so it was no surprise that he knew a lot of things that he wouldn't even usually talk about. Or things that didn't really matter in the past.

"My relatives are all a bunch fake hypocrites. We hold gatherings, and it's filled with our parents bragging about their daughters' achievements. Our cousins are okay and more honest, probably from being in a different generation. (Y/N) used to be so close with them, and be the best among them, but she always wore that fake smile which is annoying. I honestly used to dislike her."

"I think I get what you're saying, Kenma." The taller male nodded, a guilty expression crossing his face. "She found what she wanted and is chasing after it... and she didn't want to go to America..." He sighed, slamming his palm on his face. "Why didn't I realize this earlier and said that?"

"You could be dumb sometimes, that's why."

"I guess." He chuckled, shaking his head to himself. "I'm gonna drop by your house later after I get changed."

"Okay."

Kuroo hurriedly got out of his uniform as soon as he got home, not even bothering to rest for a bit after another day of practice. He just couldn't wait to apologize and talk to you, worrying that you might be mad at him.

But then his phone vibrated, a message from Kenma appearing that worried him even more.

kenma
Today 19:52