Chapter 21 | Bloody War

Beginne am Anfang

The hot compress was exactly what you asked Kenma to get, but he never came back. He stayed at Kuroo's house, and sent him to take care of you instead.

Kuroo came back after 5 minutes, but it felt too long for you as you suffered from dysmenorrhea. He handed you the hot compress bag which was now filled with hot water, and you placed it against your lower abdomen, the heat allowing your muscles to relax and relieve the pain.

"You probably lack Vitamin D, which reduces the production of prostaglandins which is—"

"Shut up! I know that, you geek!" If your patience was short on normal days, it was much worse when you were having mood swings.

Kuroo chuckled to himself, weirdly finding your irritation as cute. You were lucky he had long patience and a huge understanding. "So I got you some pain killer and vitamins to help... but you'll need to eat first."

"Do I need to repeat myself?! I don't want to eat!" You hissed, covering yourself with a blanket once more as your body felt cold. Thankfully, the hot compress was starting to work, and the pain on your lower abdomen was lessening. Still, your back and thighs hurt, and you couldn't sleep because of it.

The black-haired male slowly laid down on your bed, facing your back as he ran his fingers through your hair. "Okay, darling." He sweetly replied. "I'll be here if you need anything."

His body heat helped warm you up, so you didn't complain and just tried to relax yourself. Sniffling, you wiped your tears away. "Thanks, Kuroo."

He smiled to himself, placing an arm around your waist before he pulled you closer to him. You felt calm, but you were a little awkward since you felt so sticky and dirty. Still, his presence made you more relaxed. "Have some rest." He whispered against your ear, still keeping his embrace on you.

You simply nodded and closed your eyes, keeping the hot compress against your abdomen with one hand as you tried to sleep. Your other hand intertwined with Kuroo's, making his heart leap happily at the sweet contact.

---

When you woke up again, the pain was more bearable than it was before you fell asleep. Oddly, the compress was still hot, and you immediately realized that Kuroo had changed it while you were asleep when you turned around and saw his head leaning against the side of your bed.

He sat on the floor, a textbook on his hand as he leaned against your bed. Kenma had got back earlier too, and was now playing a game as he laid on the upper bunk.

"Kuroo?" You quietly called, reaching for his head as you tapped him. He seemed startled at first, but quickly smiled when he saw you were awake. He settled down the book he was reading and completely turned his attention to you.

"Hey, how was your sleep?"

You glanced on the book, reading its title to be a book of advanced learning. He was studying for his entrance exams, and you can't help but feel affected by the fact that you were bothering him.

Retracting your hand, your gaze fell downcast. "I'm sorry... You should've been studying but you had to come here and—"

"I'm sure you're hungry." He cut you off, taking the (Favorite Food) that he had gotten from his Grandma half an hour ago. "It's gotten a little cold, but if you don't want it I'll go get something else."

"I'll eat it." You carefully sat up, keeping the hot compress against your lower abdomen as you did so. You wrapped your blanket around your body, feeling a bit self-conscious about how you smelled. "Thank you." You smiled weakly at him.

He was such a sweetheart, and although you believed you didn't deserve him, you still appreciated him so much. He would always go through lengths for you, and he always knew what you needed to hear, see, or feel. He knew and understood you so well that you can't help but fall deeper.

But then there's that anxious thought that was holding you back. Sugawara wasn't much different from him, they were both so thoughtful and caring, still, you fell out of love. You were afraid that it might happen again, you were afraid of hurting Kuroo the same way you did on your ex.

You quietly ate your food, feeling much better now. Though your legs and your back still felt strained, the pain has lessened and you were able to relax much more now. It was always like that after you sleep, and the pain thankfully only lasts a couple of days.

It was also the first time someone took care of you. Your parents were always busy, so you had no choice but to suffer and cry yourself to sleep. During the previous months, you were at least able to ask Kenma to get you pain killers, but that was it. Having Kuroo there for you now really helped making you feel better.

"Take the medicine and vitamins I got you after you eat. I also got you some dark chocolate. Since it contains magnesium and fiber, it'll help relieve your pain." He softly reminded, placing the items on your bed.

You nodded tearfully, settling the finished food down as you started to cry. You sniffled, making him panic. "What's wrong?" He moved to sit on your bed, worriedly looking at you.

Shaking your head, you tried your best to speak. "I don't know... I don't know why I'm crying. I'm just..." You mewled. "... happy."

He sighed in relief, smiling as he pulled you towards his chest. He didn't mind if you were sweaty or sticky, he just really wanted to hug you. "I'll always do this for you if it makes you happy."

On a normal day, you wouldn't have been so expressive at him like that. Kuroo was happy to see you show different emotions to him in a span of a few hours, but if it meant you'd be suffering with dysmenorrhea and mood swings, he'd rather receive your nonchalantness and crankiness.

"Relax yourself in a hot bath later. I'll stay here with you until you fall asleep again." He sweetly uttered, running his fingers down your hair as he continued to hold you in his arms.

"But aren't you studying?"

"It's fine, I can study here."

On the upper bunk bed, Kenma was mixed with happiness for you two, and slight irritation for being so lovey-dovey. He was happy and irritated for the same reason, and although he decided not to pay any attention on you two as he was used to it already, he also can't help but wonder when you two would actually start dating.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————