Chapter 19 | Kenma's Not The Only Cockblocker

Start from the beginning

"Oh, god, please don't continue." You groaned.

"Me! Did you think I was gonna say you?" The black-haired male laughed out loud, and you only rolled your eyes on him, suppressing your smile. "Kidding. You're beautiful."

"Ha ha." But you were actually just hiding your smile.

Kuroo wanted to make you smile and laugh. He's been seeing how upset you were, and it frustrated him how he can't talk to you whenever he wanted. It's not that he's blaming you for being considerate, or Suga for still having feelings, but he just missed being able to bother you at random times. He missed being able to steal your attention from your anime and manga.

You twisted your position to the side, making your back face Kuroo's left side as you laid your head on his lap. You still held your sketchpad mid-air, straining your arms as you continued to draw.

"That glasses kid's gotten better at blocking." Kuroo randomly started, his hand finding its way to your hair as he combed it with his fingers. He looked at your face as he talked, admiring how your eyes looked so mesmerizing while you kept your gaze at your drawing.

"Hmm? I've been wondering, but why would you help someone who could be your rival?" You asked, peeking at his face from above as you rested your arms for a while.

The young man smiled, his eyes glimmering as he looked up at the night sky. "I want to help our coach's dream of Karasuno and Nekoma competing again in Nationals become a reality." The way his droopy eyes became filled with passion made your heart leap, and you can't help but stare at his handsome face being illuminated by the moonlight.

"I see..." You replied, sounding unenthusiastic as you went back to your drawing. To you, Kuroo really was an amazing guy. The more you realize this, the more you felt you weren't fit for him. Unlike you, he was filled with goals and passion, he knew what he wanted and how he'd go for it.

Your hands stopped moving from the thought, making you frown slightly as you blankly stared at your drawing. You loved art, you were happy to be able to express yourself through drawing, but it made you double think if it really was the profession for you. If you were even going to succeed in the field. It made you doubt that the only reason you were pursuing it is because you didn't have any other goal, or anything else you were really good at.

You started to feel lacking about yourself, and Kuroo noticed how your face slowly became upset. The same look he's been seeing for days, and the same one he didn't want to see anymore. He glanced at your sketchpad, suddenly snatching it from your hands. "Let me see that!" He did it to earn your attention and keep you from thinking about unnecessary things, and he was successful when you jolted upwards.

"No!" You yelled, embarrassment creeping up your face as you remembered all the sketches of him that you made. "Give it back, Kuroo!" You reached for it, but the boy only laughed playfully as he stood up, raising his hands up as he flipped it open.

"Give it back, I said!" No matter how much you tip-toed or try to pull his arm down, you still couldn't reach his hands. "I'm warning you!"

"Hmm?" He glanced at you with a smirk as he flipped on a page where he was drawn. "Isn't this me?"

Your face became even more red, from both embarrassment and anger as you glared at him. Giving up, you turned around and stomped away. "Whatever!" There it was, your short patience showing.

"Sorry, I won't look anymore." Kuroo chased after you, taking only a few steps with his long legs to reach you. He grabbed your hand, but you quickly snatched it away, making him pout. "Sorry! Hey! Come on!" He grabbed your arm again, pulling you down to sit on the ground along with him. "Let's sit down and talk."