† Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

          "Hi." He said.

          "Hi." I replied.

          I walked towards him and I opened my arms out as I took him in for a hug. I've never really hugged him, not that I could remember anyway. And it felt amazing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I breathed in the smell of his hair. I closed my eyes and let our chests warm each others heart.

          He hugged me tightly, but not too tightly or I'd be dust. 

          "I missed you." He admitted.

          "I missed you more. You have explaining to do." I said as I hugged him even harder. It actually felt good to hug someone with deep feelings and strength.

          He reached in his coat and took out a staff, the staff that I saw on the book. My jaw dropped as I examined the texture and look of it. So he was out looking for it? Aw. He went all that trouble just to get me a staff? I don't know if I should feel good about it or crept out.

          His eyes flickered as I grabbed the staff from his hand. Quickly, thunder sounded off above us. I looked up, then leaned slightly so I could see over the porch. Dark clouds gathered themselves over my house. Okay weird.

          I felt something strange, as if something was running through my veins. Power.

          I smiled at Adam as I took in the moment. I eagerly and rapidly twisted the staff so I could see the details around it. The whole staff was long and it looked like bones. The top had two horns that held in place a white diamond. It was eccentric in a enigmatic way. I was astonished.

          I couldn't believe what I was feeling. I could almost feel the hair on my body spark.

          "It rightfully belongs to you." He said quietly, as I heard my mom come down the stairs. I threw the staff back at him and he gave me a puzzled look. He threw it back.

          "No keep it!" I hissed silently as I threw it back.

          "It's yours! I went through a lot of trouble for it." He threw it back once again.

          I held it behind my back and turned around as my mom came down with a long bored sigh. She stopped and blinked as she saw us both. I quickly forced myself to smile, it wasn't a convincing smile but it was well enough to get her confused.

          She stared at my elbow that was popping out.

          "What do you have behind your back?" She asked.

          I took out the staff and held it out in front of me for her to see. "What this? Pfft." I scowled. "It's just a Halloween decoration."

          My mom came closer to me and gave me that stare that moms give when they know their kids are up to no good. She silently whispered close to my ear. Her breath was warm. "I know you think I'm a mom...but..."

          She flipped her hair back and walked away. I stood there like an idiot, confused and wondering what the hell—

          "But what?" I asked innocently.

          I walked inside as I heard Adam chuckle behind me. I opened the hall closet and stuffed the staff between some mops. I closed it again and followed my mom as she slowly sat down on the couch and acted like she was a queen or something.

          "But what?" I repeated.

          "Oh nothing, go back to your little friend." She shooed me. I looked back at Adam who was still outside. "By the way, he seriously looks like my old friend. It's so creepy."