Chapter 218: Sorry, I Accidentally Crushed You

Começar do início

Only then did Jennie recall Butler Chen’s hesitant expression earlier. He probably wanted to stop Lisa from drinking, but Butler Chen probably felt that there was no point in stopping them, so he simply let it go and let them do whatever they wanted.

She had not expected Lisa to have such a side.

After a while, Jennie received another long message from Rosé.

“Xiao Jin, Grandpa has had high hopes for Lisa since he was young. He hoped that he would be able to bear the responsibility of being the head of the Manoban family. When he was young, Grandpa used the most ‘scientific’ method to raise him. From the moment he was born, he refused to let his family hug him. Even when he cried, he would just watch him cry, allowing him to follow a standardized upbringing from the start. Without any gentle embrace, he became the most manly man. When he was two years old, he accepted the militarized management and underwent specialized brain development.

Hence, he’s developed a very independent personality. He relies on himself for everything, and his intelligence is outstanding as well. However, his insecurity is also gradually beginning to show. After drinking, he becomes like a little boy who relies on others. Thankfully, all of this isn’t a big deal. However, I still have to ask you to love him seriously and not hurt him. ” Rosé wrote a lot.

As Jennie watched these words pop up, her heart was suddenly struck. So this was what had happened.

Perhaps it was because he had had no childhood at all that he reverted to that state after getting drunk. However, Rosé said that it was nothing serious.

Was he really fine?

Jennie didn’t think so.

Lisa’s excellence definitely put him above most people. Even compared to elite talents, he made others pale in comparison. However, such an outstanding person, even when loved, would feel inferior and miserable. His heart was torn and pulled repeatedly, tearing him apart countless times before he could continue to love humbly.

If not for Lisa’s rebirth, he might not even have been able to realize his humble hope.

He really lacked too much.

Jennie thought for a moment before replying to Rosé, “I will look after him.”

She walked over to the bed and lowered her head to examine Lisa’s sleeping face. After he fell asleep, he looked innocent and harmless, really soft and adorable.

She reached out to stroke his hair. The big wolfhound had turned into a small puppy in an instant, making him look quite handsome.

If he needed someone to accompany him, Jennie thought, she would accompany him.

***

The next day, Lisa woke up. His fingers moved slightly and his consciousness returned to him. The drunken scene from last night returned to his mind.

He shouldn’t have been drinking, and it was true that he hadn’t touched alcohol for a long time, but last night… After all, it was Jennie who had invited him to drink. What did it matter even if it was poison?

He had indeed been drunk and kept pestering Jennie. He had hooked his arm around hers and refused to let go. Lisa quickly searched through all his memories and found that Jennie was not impatient and did not hate him. Only then did he feel at ease.

Not only did she not seem to hate him… she had even reached out to ruffle his hair a few times?

Lisa’s face heated up. He was already a 25-year-old man, but he had actually allowed Jennie to stroke his head several times! At the same time, he felt a sense of satisfaction.