Chapter 49: The Valentine

Start from the beginning

"Who said that had anything to do with it?" Alex responded immediately, giving him a look. Tadano quickly saw that he needed to back off the subject.

"Sorry sorry, I didn't mean to offend!"

"You're fine, dude. I just don't wanna talk about it." Alex said, sitting back again.

"I understand. Valentine's Day isn't too great for me either...I haven't gotten anything from anyone." Tadano admitted.

"Hm, lucky you." Alex grumbled.

"Eh?!"

"These are the days where I wish no one bothered me...here, you can have some of my chocolates that Onemine gave me." He offered, reaching into his bag and picking out a few pieces.

"Onemine gave you some?!" Tadano said in surprise.

"Yeah. I don't like chocolate with nuts in it so here, take these." Alex said before dumping the chocolates into Tadano's hand.

"Thanks." He said with a defeated sigh...

The rest of the day went by without incident. Komi had given out nearly all of her chocolates except for three by the end of the day: Sayori, Alex, and Tadano. She wasn't concerned about giving Sayori her chocolates, but she was nervous about Alex and Tadano for totally different reasons.

She would have to make it up to Tadano after school. But as for Alex, she had no idea what she should do.

When she got to the clubroom, the girls were already there. So Komi set her things down and got out her friendship chocolates for Sayori. She walked up to her and, before she could even explain what it was for, Sayori grabbed them excitedly and started hopping in place.

"Oh my gosh you brought me chocolates?! Thank you so much, Komi! You're the bestest ever!" She exclaimed, giving her a big hug. Komi flinched in surprise and patted Sayori on the back.

"They're friendship chocolates. Happy Valentine's Day!" She explained.

"Ohh I see! I love that! Thank you!" Sayori said with a happy grin.

"The chocolates were really good, Komi. Thank you for sharing." Monika said with a smile.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you all liked it." Komi expressed that she was pleased to see them all happy.

"It was very thoughtful of you. I have something prepared for each of you as well for today." Yuri brought up.

"Really? Me too!" Sayori said.

"You already know what I did for us, heheh." Natsuki grinned and chuckled smugly.

"I'm glad that we all had a similar idea then," Monika said with a smile. "Ah, there he is! Hey, Alex!" She greeted him with a happy smile and wave.

"What's up?" Alex replied dryly, swinging his backpack off of his shoulder and tossing it onto the nearest student desk.

"I'm genuinely surprised you came today." Natsuki said.

"Natsuki." Yuri wanted to say something to stop her right away.

"What? I was just gonna say I thought he planned on avoiding us today." She said.

"I considered it," Alex said with a little smile. "But it's whatever." He said with a shrug.

"You sure?" Sayori asked, giving him a concerned look.

"It's not a big deal," Alex replied with a shrug. "I don't wanna get back in the habit of missing club meetings. Can't give Natsuki too much to bother me for." He joked with a dry chuckle.