Chapter 216: Celebration Suspended

Start from the beginning

People beneath the stage kept talking about her.

Wen Yongwei certainly did not get as much attention when she walked the red carpet.

She automatically glanced at Jennie and saw Liu Ning walking towards her.

Also, Jennie was walking straight towards Liu Ning.

Wen Yongwei thought to herself, “Finally, we won’t be the only ones getting embarrassed.”

She had a feeling that Jennie would also misunderstand Liu Ning’s actions just like she had done.

Sure enough, she saw Jennie walking right towards Liu Ning.

Wen Yongwei smiled. Liu Ning’s action of walking the red carpet in her direction was really too easy to misunderstand. However, this was also a good start. In a while, she could use the pretext of apologizing to have a good chat with Liu Ning.

Wen Yongwei’s smile froze on her face.

Liu Ning did not leave after exchanging pleasantries with Jennie. Instead, he exchanged a few words with Jennie before walking side by side with her towards the stage.

Jennie walked with him with a calm expression. She did not feel flattered at all. Instead, it was as if this was a normal thing and they quickly finished walking the red carpet.

In other words, Liu Ning had walked the red carpet in that direction to pick up Jennie!

After he received Jennie, he walked back with a smile on his face. He was not as polite as before.

Wen Yongwei’s expression stiffened. Wen Yaoming’s face also hardened.

Why was it Jennie? What was the relationship between Jennie and Liu Ning?

Just as the two of them were deep in thought, the emcee spoke. “Producer Liu and Jennie knew each other from the start?”

“Yes,” Liu Ning said directly, not intending to continue.

When he picked up Jennie, he had a lot to talk about and a lot to say to her about the movie. To be honest, if it weren’t for politeness, he wouldn’t even want to talk to the host.

The host could see his attitude and did not detain him any longer. “Producer Liu, please take a seat.”

Liu Ning said to Jennie, “Jennie, I’ve arranged a special spot for you. There will be a big director later. He is also an old artist who has acted in many movies. He has seen your movies and is very interested in you. He wants to have a chat with you.”

Jennie nodded. “But I don’t want the outside world to know my identity yet.”

Jinxin was the name that she had signed when she submitted the script for “Sing My Life”.

The college entrance examination was around the corner, and she did not want to be distracted by another matter.

“Of course.” Liu Ning looked at the young woman in front of him with satisfaction. “Actually, there’s no need to announce it to the public. It’s good for you to stay behind the scenes. It will reduce the disturbance.”

When he first found out about Jennie’s true identity, he had also been rather surprised. It was only after he spoke to Jennie personally that he confirmed that the script was really written by her. He cherished this talent and naturally did not want her to be judged by the public.

“Let’s sit over there.” Liu Ning accompanied Jennie to the first row.

The people sitting in the first row were all big shots. They were either investors or respectable old artists.