𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐬 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭."

21 | THE BEGINNING OF THE CLONE WARS

FEAR AND CONCERN CORSED THROUGH ANAKIN'S VEINS, as he watched Hera's body fade away into the distance. His eyes were wide in shock after seeing Hera's face roll to the side, her eyes closed. Anakin stood from his crouched position quickly, retracting his hand that he had reached out in an attempt to help Hera.

"Put the ship down! Down!" Anakin yelled to the pilot, anger and fear evident in his voice.

"Don't let your personal feelings get in the way," Obi-Wan yelled to Anakin over the wind of Geonosis. "Follow that speeder," Obi-Wan called to the pilot.

"Lower the ship!" Anakin called again, ignoring Obi-Wan.

"Anakin, we can't take Dooku alone," Obi-Wan told Anakin, his eyes slightly filled with concern for his Padawan. "We need you! If we catch him we can end this war right now. We have a job to do."

"I don't care," Anakin said and turned to the pilot to try for one more time. "Put the ship down!"

"You'll be expelled from the Jedi Order!"

"I can't leave her!"

"Come to your senses!!!" Obi-Wan yelled, and Anakin looked slightly taken aback. "What do you think Hera would do if she were in your position?"

Anakin looked over to Demaia, hoping for some support from her. However, he saw that she wasn't affected by the falling of her former apprentice, and Demaia sent him a reassuring look. Anakin could tell she was trying to tell him to trust Hera's skills. "She would do her duty," Anakin finally said, and Obi-Wan could tell he was hesitating.