𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

20 | I LOVE YOU

ANAKIN AND HERA WERE TOSSED INTO AN OPEN CART, inside a dark loomy tunnel. The toss caused Hera to trip and almost fall as she let out a small groan and stood up straight. Murmurs from the crowd outside we heard as guards began to tie the two Jedi so that they were forcedto face away from each other. The driver hops into his seat as he prepared to lead them out intot he arena.

Hera could only look down at her cuffed hands as she thought about her last moments. What would her family think when they heard of her death by the hands of the Geonosians? How would Dahlia be able to be prepared to take the throne when she was gone? What would her master and Lysa think when they find out that she would never come home? So many questions were running through her head that she didn't even notice Anakin had sensed her fear and concern.

"Don't be afraid," Anakin's voice said, breaking her out of her thoughts.

Hera turned to look at him over her shoulder as she stared deeply into his blue eyes. The eyes she had fallen in love with the moment she saw them. The eyes that she always found comfort by looking at them when she was worried or afraid. But this time, she could find no comfort in the eyes as fear had consumed her. "I'm not afraid to die," Hera said, her voice barely over a whisper. "I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life."

Anakin eyes squinted in confusion, causing his brows to also furrow in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Hera hesitated before letting out a small sigh. "I love you."

Anakin's face morphed into full shock as he slightly leaned away from her. "You love me?" Hera nodded her head lightly as Anakin sighed and looked down for a second. "I thought we decided not to fall in love. That we would be forced to live a lie. That it would destroy our lives..."