𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

"𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞!"

19 | FROM DESERT PLANET TO DESERT PLANET

LATER THAT AFTERNOON, HERA STOOD NEXT TO ANAKIN as they looked down at Shmi Skywalker's headstones. Hera now wore one of her white Jedi robes with white boots. She had changed into her common atire as her and Anakin's plane was leave Tatooine and head for Naboo after the ceremony.

"I know wherever you are it's become a better place. You were the most loving partner a man could ever have. Goodbye, my dearest wife," Cliegg said, tears coming to his eyes as he sucked in a breathe. "And thank you."

There is a brief pause before Anakin steps forward and falls to his knees in front of the gravestone, and he grabbed a handful of sand. Anakin looks down at his lap before looking back up at the stone. "I wasn't strong enough to save you, Mom. I wasn't strong enough. But I promise I won't fail you again..." Anakin stands up, trembling uncontrollably. "I miss you so much."

There is silence between the group before a few beeps and whistles are heard, causing the group to turn and see R2 rolling up. Hera's brow furrow in confusion and worry. "Artoo, what are you doing here?"

Artoo let out a few beeps and whistles, which C-3PO translates. "It seems that he is carrying a message from an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Master Annie, does that name mean anything to you?"

Anakin and Hera share a worried look, and they quickly said goodbyes to the Lars before rushing to their ship to see the message. Hera sat in the pilot seat with Anakin standing next to her as she pulled up Obi-Wan's message that R2 had recorded. A roughed up hologram Obi-Wan appeared, teh image flickering out every once in a while.

"Anakin, my long range transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to Coruscant," Obi-Wan instructed, causing Anakin to look at Hera. The blonde girl turned and reached over to a control board where she pressed a button that transmitted the message to Coruscant, where the Jedi Council were waiting in the Chancellor's office.

"I have tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett to the droid foundaries on Geonosis," Obi-Wan explained as his voice was seeming very crackly from the lack of connection on Tatooine. "The Trade federation is to take delivery of a droid army here and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Queen Belliane." With that information, Hera looks up to Anakin with fury and concern prominent in her eyes. Anakin placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, rubbing it softly. "The Commerce Guilds and Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dock and are forming an... Wait!... Wait!" Obi-Wan looks off in front of him as he ignites his lightsaber and deflects blaster shots. Obi-Wan is pushed out of frame, and to Hera and Anakin's horror, a Droideka takes his place before the hologram cuts off. Anakin is staring in shock at where the hologram of his master once was, and Hera looked up at him in worry and concern.