Chapter 3~ 𝓗𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴

Sophie P.O.V.

When Audrey walked over, it's like time froze.

She's friendly. She's all of our friend, but...

I don't know.

I just feel like I'm hallucinating.

And when she walked away it was like someone hit the un-pause button and everything went back to normal.

I feel sick.

Rewind.

What just happened?

Rachel P.O.V.

I knew it.

Not a surprise at all.

I mean, for backup proof, Claira's literally staring at him right now.

So cute, haha.

"Hey Claira," I said. She didn't notice. "Claira? Earth to Claira? You there?"

Claira jumped. "What?" she asked, as though I thought she was doing something wrong. "I--"

"Claira, you know you're creepy? You were literally just staring at Will for, like, 2 minutes straight, right?"

"Well..."

"'Well'?" I started laughing hard. This was usually a moment where I start laughing, then Sophie starts laughing louder than even me, everyone within a mile starts staring at us and Claira is left there blushing and grinning awkwardly.

Sophie was silent.

Claira's reactions were the same though.

This was getting kinda weird. First Claira was quiet. Now Soph is?

This is really unlike her. She's usually the life of the party, even when she's not in a party.

Kinda awkward now, really.

"You 'right, Soph?" I asked quietly. She barely looked up.

At least her face wasn't nearly as red as it was before.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she murmured.

Both me and Claira looked up at her, frowning.

"What?" she finally said, a bit louder, too.

"Your just super quiet. Kinda unlike the Soph I've known since grade 1," Claira said truthfully.

Claira and Sophie met in grade 1 when Sophie joined their school late. I met Claira years and years before because our parents both went to the same work, and we often caught up. Then I finally started school with her in grade 7. It was the best change that's ever happened in my life.

I looked at the floor, kicking a rock with the toe of my shoe. Did we somehow offend her?

"Sorry," I mumbled quietly, knowing that if I spoke too loudly the boys would hear and then start making rumors about us in class. "We just miss the loud, talkative but awfully friendly Sophie that we would all miss a bunch."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She grinned at me, then started laughing. 

"I'm never gonna change, stupid! I'll always be this Sophie. Not that kinda Sophie."

"We don't talk about that kinda Sophie," Claira joined in. "She's not as special as the fabulous Sophie I know."

Sophie P.O.V.

Thanks, guys.

I just hope I don't turn into that Sophie again.

Will P.O.V.

Suddenly the ear-piercing bell rung across the school (and even if it was that loud, I could still hear the louder Sophie's voice over it all).

"Uhh, we have P.E., don't we? With Ms. Snell?" I asked.

"Sadly. I hate Ms. Snell. Wait-- no, Smell. But I love P.E., so..." Zander informed us all.

Ms. Snell's alright. She just always does this thing where she's the one to pairs us up with random people. Also my friends are all just really judgey.

"We better go run up to our lockers and grab our water bottles, then," Joel pointed out.

We all went up the stairs to our class rapidly (well, except that Max and Zander kinda trudged up the stairs).

I rummaged through my unorganized locker, pushing my bag to the side, leading in books cascading down into my lap like an avalanche.

"Mate," said Max, who's locker is directly next to mine. "Sort out your shit."

"Thanks," I said enthusiastically in sarcasm. "How's your looking?"

I peeked over my locker door and looked in his. Stuck to his door was a picture of... Doja Cat?

"What is that?" I laughed.

"Your mother," he retorted. Just as he said that, Audrey and Debiah floated over.

"God, you have nice taste," Debiah said sarcastically. Audrey cracked up. 

"Claira, Rachel, Soph! Come see this!"

Claira came over and peered in, but Max slammed it shut too fast.

"Open up!" Rachel giggled. "Did you say Doja Cat?" she then asked Audrey.

"Yeah, I know. Soph, help us out!" Audrey told Sophie. Then strangely Sophie grew redder and redder. Audrey walked up to her and told her. Audrey's really nice. Why was Sophie ignoring her? I don't really get girls, so... none of this I don't think would ever make sense to me. I wasn't really paying attention to that though. I wasn't looking where I was going, and a second late, my face was so close to Claira's face that if I was only about half an inch closer and we would've been touching.

She stared into my eyes. I stared into her's. They were a pale green that shimmered in the sunlight like an emerald.

My heart was beating faster than a railway train hitting bumps on the tracks every millisecond.

I piece of her red, fiery hair fell in front of her left eye, and she scooped it away behind her ear. Was I dreaming? Probably.

It weirdly felt like we were about to kiss. 

I could've fainted. 

When Max started talking again, we both jumped back. I spun around, running into my locker.

Shit, I thought.