Chapter 6

That Strange Feeling.

 - "Once the spirit was in, everything he had loved was left out. The worlds that were combined into his body, only ever made his soul be forgotten into his own body. And that's why he's in a coma."

- Doctor Brennan, Reported words on Victor Dummont, year 2000.

***

November 7th, 1999

6:36 am

- "It is yet another Monday morning! We are here in the Plaza of Satterbolt city, and to start the morning off right, we have Mayor Laurent Lefevre, joining us, to say a few things about the elections, coming to anquel in just two mon-"

Why would the TV be on, if noone was home? If the house was.. empty, with no possible way that it could be turned on? Even adding that the antena was broken, doesn't make things any better. Victor was out of the house today, he was meeting Aurelie in the early morning and right after, he was going to work.

Giving that Aurelie was basically a therapist, he wanted her opinion on all that he had found. So, they were meeting at his workplace, during his lunch-break.

- "Vic! Over here!" - she said, as she was waving at him from a corner.

Victor quickly rushed over, with all of his found paperwork. As he sat down, Aurelie quickly realized his pale expression.

- "What's wrong? Is it that bad?"

- "No, I'm just kind of tired. I finished renovating the whole house the other day, so I was kind  of procrastinating to go to work."

- "Alright, you can always tell me if you need anything. So, what've you got?"

It's clear that the "tired" excuse was a lie, as the house has finished renovating since a while now, but Aurelie didn't know that. Really, he's been paranoid, about all of the newspaper's, and of the girl on the bike.

He took out one of the newspapers, revealing a missing child poster.

- "Below the photo, on the text, the mother of the child is Esme Dummont."

- "I'm sure that's just a coincidence, Vic. Millions of people might have that surname, and most of them are not related."

- "You're right, I just.. I feel as if I'm going crazy, I mean.. What if she's really related to me?"

- "Victor, please. You're not going crazy, it could happen to anyone, believe me, I would know."

- "I'll take your word for it."

- "Oh, so I don't forget."- she put up a poster of a theatre act, beginning in January 9th.- " It's to honour the country's independence. It's a really important event, and mayor Laurent if gonna be there! All social government workers have to go, so that's including me. I'll have you as my plus one, that is, if you wanna go?"

- "Sure, I guess it'll be a bit relieving. In the meantime, I'll try to find any new addition to the story itself."

***

📍Asylum, November 10th, 2000.

November 10th marks the first time that Victor was interviewed. Which, you would already asume didn't go well. As said before, Victor firstly has Eleanor as his psychiatrist, and she later went crazy.

But, how?

Well, allow me to explain.

When Victor first got to know her, he right then realised how emotional, and vulnerable she was. And when he first found out about her lover, Marcus Devonte, he started pouring thoughts of distress into her brain like a teapot.

- "Thousands of people love, Millions of people cheat. You shouldn't trust him too much."

- "You're really ought to get me, aren't you?"

- "I might be out to get you, but he's out to get someone else. Don't say I didn't warn you."

That's only how it started. Weeks and weeks past, and Eleanor only got worse, up until the night she even tried to murder Marcus, because all of the thought inside her brain. And after huge consideration, she ended up in a far away Asylum, along the shore of Pale Way, Satterbolt.

Two days prior to her leave, Aurelie got the position to interview Victor.

***

November 9th, 1999

11:45pm

Heading back home from a long day of work, Victor was undoubtedly exhausted. He went inside his house, locked the door, and headed towards the kitchen. He slowly brewed himself some tea, before going to the second floor and looked out into the night.

As always, that girl was still here. Into the pale light of the streets, you could see two pigtails flowing through the air. From a second floor window, she seemed as tiny as a four year old, but of course she must be much older.

Victor didn't realise the time, until he heard quite the thud out in the other room, and as he looked away for just a minute,

She was gone.

As Victor checked the time, it was currently 01:12am, and he should probably go to bed. But, just something inside told him to stay up a little later.

And so he stared down the cobblestone till 7:13am hit. The bells of the nearby church rang and almost burst his eardrums. After realising the time, he finally got ready, went out the door after being greeted by Mary Ross, than ran to work.

***

November 10th, 1999

7:45am

As he had just went out into the diner, Marcus tapped on his watch while looking quite skeptically at him.

- "Late again, fourth time this week, the manager won't be happy."

- "Sorry, my.. alarm didn't go off."

- "Same excuse. Maybe you should get a better clock?"

- "No, it works just fine. This time it just ran out of batteries."

- "Sorry dude, but you're meant to be here by 7:15am. The manager keeps asking about you and I can't keep making more excuses for you."

- "Sorry, last time, I promise you."

- "Whatever you say, dude."

And as they were talking, from the door entered a woman of such grace, that couldn't be considered known. She had the look of a genie, with jewels all over her hair and face, and with a large smile, she came close to the counter.

- "Good day, to the both of you. Do you make herbal tea?" - she greeted the two with a slow bow.

- "Yes, would you like it on a to-go or would you like us to get a table ready for you?"

- "To-go, I cannot stay long."

- "Vic, can you take this one? I've got work in storage."

- "Sure." - he implied while cleaning a usual cup.

When he was finally finished, he handed the woman the cup, in which making even the slightest contact with her hand, the woman looked pale.

- "You live, in the old mansion, on Satch Grounds, correct?"

- "Yeah, why?"

- "You will suffer greatly, child. There is a ghost haunting that house, waiting until you are fully moved in. And then, when you are the most comfortable, she'll be after you."

~~~
Thank you to Alexander__Nielsen for writing this chapter with me.