Chapter 3

A First Time For Everything.

"When two worlds, collide into one body, it can often cause it to freeze, but still be alive. The mind will be frozen, the heart will be frozen, and they both will slowly be taken control of, by another world."

- Doc. Alan, commentating on the case of Victor Dummont.

A first time, is like a flower blooming. You can never know when or if it will wither.
A first time, is like a painting to a viewer. They might find it unamusing. But no matter what Victor was about to face, nothing could live up to Lily's first time riding that bike.

***

Winter of 1963.

A beautiful day, yet much horrid then Victor's. A father away, got knows where he'll end up in the evening, preferably not home. Fourth birthday for a special little lady, Lilith Jones. Beginning School next September, that day was of December 23rd. A cold winter night,  yet a more joyful now that her father was away. The night were the lights were finally off, and the candles were all lit; That would be the night, where all was gone, and there were no more scandal.

The only birthday she ever enjoyed.

Snow filled the yard to the brim, at a point where Lily couldn't play outside. But what a massive mansion it was back then, you could ride a tank indoors. It's not the same as how Victor's house looks now, as it is still ruin, it sure was something back then, though. Lily's mother being sick, she wasn't able to talk to her, but she did leave her a present, and told her to open it, once the arrow hits 3.

She sat in front of the grandfather clock, moving left and right to every tick. She tried thinking of something to do, as time clearly wasn't moving as fast as when she was bored. She decided to take down her Christmas tree, which she didn't even celebrate. In the process of picking up the remaining ornaments, she gave one glance at the clock, and it had already been five minutes since the arrow hit 3.

Quickly rushing to the corner of the room, she opened the large gift slowly, revealing a bike. Beautiful, was it. Tangled in a ribbon, throughout the top tube, and painted in a baby pink, sprinkled with glitter on the headset. Lily now considered it as a Princess Ride, like the ones on Billboards, or signs.

With the start of Spring, any time Sir. Duke Leo decided to have a bottle or five, at any downtown bar, Esme taught her daughter, Lilith, how to ride her bike. When she was finally out of training wheels, she rode further out into the world, leaving her house behind.

***

14:15

And now we're back, to Victor about to enter an office, of an unknown sorcery. Maybe a dark figure, maybe a pure. All rely on a door. 

With one swing of the door, a breathe of fresh air hit Victor in the face, as he went inside, and closed the door behind him. Inside was a waiting room and, like always, a line of people sat on waiting room chairs, some screwed on the wall, some aligned with the table. Impatient people, fidgeting with their fingers, ring, even shaking their legs and biting into their skin. Victor had seen this before, as he would always follow along his mother to any job interview. It taught him a thing or two about the types of CEO's he too could be dealing with.

Taking a seat next to all of those people, Victor tried to set his mind elsewhere. Like, maybe what color he could paint the living room. You know, things you think about when you're anxious. You've probably been anxious many times in your life, reader.

But, or course, knowing how long these things take, especially considering this many people here. 

***

17:05

You'd think it's been long enough, as only one person was left before Victor walked in. A total three hours had he spend only sitting there, and peering at others, as they come and go; some disappointed, some joyful, and others' expression just plainly unreadable. And before he knew it, it was Victor's turn.

- "Sir? Your name is not on the list, but you can go in now."

- "Alright, thanks for the heads up."

He really tried to act casual, as if to.. say, hide how overwhelmed he was. With a deep breath, he opened the office door, and...

- "Victor? Do not do this again, we have to get somewhere with the reports. What happened when you opened the door?"- Aurelie asked, it had become pissing at how Victor would stop his tales.

- "Aurelie, I don't want to go further with it. He was a very frightening man.."

- "Victor, you've got to face your fears, even if it means you'll hesitate throughout. Tell me, what was the man like?"

Not in the way that you would've imagined, that's for sure. Wearing a business suit, with a vest of dragon embroidery. His face was dark, and had a dismissive and judgemental look. Victor knew, that man could tear him down to miniature pieces.

- "The list is over, so you're probably here because of the flier?"- his tone was surprisingly valuable.

- "Yes. I also heard about the diner, from billboards and advertisements."- Victor said, gulping when he finished.

- "Well, all I can say, is that here at Mark's Diner we accept anyone, even if they didn't schedule an appointment."- his tone was starting to become more apathetic, as if he'd had enough of these interviews.

- "I'm very sorry, to disturb you sir. I promise, days on out, I'll be more careful the next time you might see me."

- "Well, it's clear we'll see each-other very often. You can start Monday, I've already checked your files."

- "Thank you sir..?"

- "Calvin. Calvin Wood."- saying that, he rose his hand, and Victor shook it.

- "Victor, Victor Dummont."

***

A Week After they brought Victor in.

📍The Asylum.

As the pouring of  coffee, was heard all throughout the cafeteria, distant chattering were heard out in the hall, as Victor had began to run his tongue. Aurelie was pouring herself a cup, meanwhile her friend, Eleanor, checked the name list once again.

- "Yet another person went insane because of him! Aurelie, you have to take the case, you've dealt with much worse, but it's also for the sake of the asylum! I mean, come on, if it's anyone that can deal with your best-friend, it'd be you."

- "Who was the last out?"

- "Annabelle, Patriot."

Aurelie had almost tripped her mug, as Annabelle was one of the best psychiatrist in the asylum having saved many patients.

- "Anabelle, went crazy!?"

- "Mhm. So will you take the case or not? you're right after her if there was a leaderboard."

- "Yeah, I'll take it."

Aurelie clearly was trying to be a little overconfident, as even if Victor was her best-friend, it was true that he had gone completely nuts.