Chapter 2

A Not So Normal Day.

"The lobby of the office, had an obnoxious smell of needles, and medicine. Like.. a doctor's office, but much worse. The smell thickened into everyone's nostrils, making it almost suffocating to breathe. At least, that's how Victor explained."

- First Report on Victor Dummont.

***

- "It's yet a typical morning, "Full of sunshine", as one may say! Rays of sun hitting everyone in the face, and joggers already out to set the pace! If you go out right now, you might even find yourself a good-old.."- I believe it was enough said from the morning call on his TV, as Victor shut it off before it could continue.

He got up from his couch, and funny enough, that was the best sleep he' had in a while.  Aurelie had already left in early dawn. Might've had an early report.

Fighting  the urge to just relax all day, Victor got up, and made his way to the bathroom. Turning on his radio, he began brushing his teeth.

- "Good morning, citizens of Satch Grounds! This is the Follow-up on the most popular newspapers, of this month. Police have again successfully cleared out the streets of Satch Grounds, for another Trash Tuesday. Mayor Laurent Lefevre has been robbed of his statue, to state that bandits still roam the streets of Anquel. Entire army's of police reinforcements are searching countless of corners, on every street of the country, just to find the culprit."

"Another robbery? I'm starting to think this town isn't as safe as all the advertisements." Victor thought. At this point, the digits were becoming unbelievable, as every month it increased.

 - "As for the weather, expect clouds filling endless skies, as the town prepares for the Winter Parade. As tourists say, "Can't take tradition, away from any of us!" I thank our viewers, and our listeners, for making this channel, the most viewed.."

 Victor quickly wiped his face, and turned off the radio, before it could tell him the discounts of today. He was still wearing the clothes he was wearing yesterday, and after grabbing his satchel, he went outside to get his bike.

Again, his neighbors were very terrified of the house he was living in. Or maybe was it the block?It didn't matter. Since today he was visiting his father, it didn't matter whether people were gonna judge him.

Quickly fixing his satchel, he hopped on and cycled away.

- "And after that, Victor?"- Aurelie was still trying to get a few words out of him.

- "The sky was no longer as red, instead, the clouds covered it whole. No rain, no sun, no finish.. A reaking smell of gasoline. Who had set the house on fire?"

***

- "Victor! How pleased I am to see you!"

- "Hey, pops. How've you been handling things?"

- "It's been fine, but having you around the house was much easier."

- "..."- silence overtook the room, after Victor was lost in thought.

- "Victor..?"- Aurelie asked, his storytelling had stopped for the time being.

- "I felt hatred towards him. It's like he didn't want me to grow up."

- "Victor, you're  full grown man..?"- Aurelie said, in a tone of suspicion.

- "Oh.. right.."

~~~~~~

- "Still, i think you should get a job, Victor. It'll be good for you to know how to work for something but also for you to just pay for the house. I know rent can be expensive."

- "Yeah, I'm working on it, pops. I've seen there's a waiter spot at a local diner nearby."

- "Ain't that wonderful. Give Marcus a greeting for..."-and there it is again. The pause that Victor couldn't seem to control.

- "You've got to be joking, Victor!"- Aurelie barely yelled, but this time, Victor didn't look at her.

- "I don't want to talk about it anymore. I don't feel like it.."

- "Alright, Victor.. When can I hear from you again?"

- "The halls. I'll be talking, you'll surely hear me."

- "Not like tha.. that's fine, Victor. I'll bring security to retrieve you back to your room."

With one swift call to security, Victor was out of the room in a heartbeat, but unlike other times, he didn't fight it. What did Aurelie do, that made Victor that way? Well, you know what they don't say, reader, To die is to be fearful, to live is to be bold. And it there was one thing Victor could've done, it's definitely end himself before they got a chance to grab him.

But I guess he chose to live.

***

Work. Something anyone would have, something other fight for, something people don't like, and something other are forced to do. Who would  find it fun, unless it's your dream job? In the afternoon, the sky was finally cleared out of any clouds, which meant children are playing around in parks; other maybe walking their dogs. It's unclear what the sky could bring, as that is only up to one person. Knowing that it could rain in one flash of a cloud, is what makes the sky fearful. But, let's get back to Work. Over to you, Vic.

On the bike he was always in, he rushed over the streets that came face to face with him. Hitting the break at a full stop, he got off his bike, and went inside "Mark's Diner". Walking in, he saw a lot of unfamiliar faces, but one, that was the most known even in school halls.

- "Jones! It's good to see you, man!"

- "Marcus! I haven't seen you in ages! How've you been holding up?"

- "Just fine, little man."- Marcus gave a warm smile to him, as he spoke in a rather chill tone.

- "Great to hear.Listen, do you uhh.. Work here?"

- " Yeah, yeah, I do. You also planning to?"

- "Was hoping I could speak with someone, about the position on the window."- he said, as he pointed at the window that had the flier stuck to it, with his thumb.

- "Well, I'll be rooting for you behind the counter. You can find the manager next door, that's where his office is."

- "Thanks Marcus. I'll see you around."- the two exchanged smiles again, before Victor left to go next door.

On this side of the city, it was quite busy, at least more busy then at the hill-tops of Satch Grounds. Where Victor was now, is no other then Selicia, the capital of Anquel. Known for it's most busy roads, you can also see real beauties on these far ends. I guess that wold take Victor's mind off the real deal. What would he even say? 

On further note, he should think fast,

Because he's right at the door.