Chapter 5 - Your Choice, Your Fate

Before the three could be teleported to the forest, Airy spoke up. "Did anyone... do the challenge? He asked.

"No." Liam said, facing away from him. "Everyone's done with your game, Airy."

"Oh." He said, though he didn't look surprised this time. "Well there were only a few eliminations left. Doesn't anyone want to win?"

He set Texty on the table before turning to Airy. "No one wants to win, Airy. What don't you get? They just want to go home." He took a few more steps toward Airy, who backed up, "There's not even a prize, is there? I wouldn't be surprised if you lied about that too!"

This time, Airy was quiet. All his excuses had run out, Liam presumed. Though, he didn't let him have another chance to talk. He was done with the excuses. He spun back toward Texty. "Let's just send everyone home so we can get this over with." He grumbled.

"Right. I'll send you guys back now." Texty said. The few seconds of silence as they pulled up the commands felt horribly long.

Airy disappeared, then him and Texty.

It was back to the forest. The sky was still bright as well, not a cloud in sight. Looking around, he Airy in the distance, also taking in his surroundings "Let's end this." He told himself, and Texty in extension.

The walk was quiet, which he tried following Airy back to the area he was familiar with. He'd only walked through this area once before, so everything still looked new to him.

Airy wandered toward the lake near where he died, while Liam took a detour to the cabin. The cassette player was right where he left it, so he grabbed it and left in an attempt to find Airy before he wandered off further.

He was by the lake, fishing out something from the water. "Here it is." Liam said as he treaded over, showing the cassette player.

Airy looked over. "Thanks. You can hold on to that for now." He pulled out his basket from the water, which was now broken and waterlogged. Liam simply shrugged and placed the cassette player in his main pocket.

Letting go of the basket, Airy followed Liam to the cave. A few seconds after they walked in, Cloudy appeared on the screen. "Oh, wow. That was way quicker than I was expecting."

"We're determined to leave." Liam said plainly.

"And willing to break the laws of death" Texty said.

Cloudy brought up a few tabs of code on the screen. "Well, then. Here's what I can help with on my end. Oh, whoops," One last tab appeared, marked with 'Atom' "I forgot about Atom."

"Huh, I thought you'd cause more of a fuss, to be honest." Liam said with a tilt of his head.

"A deal's a deal." Cloudy typed on a separate window. "And I want you to get out of here."