Chapter 4 - The Light at the End of the Tunnel

"You're sure you wrote down the numbers correctly?" Liam whispered.

"I just copied and pasted what Cloudy wrote. Blame them if we end up going nowhere." Texty put two windows on the screen with the copied UM numbers. Both had labels for their respective location.

"Good." He paused. "Is that what we're calling them?"

"It makes them mad so yes."

He placed a hand to his head. "I still can't believe there's another sentient text box, and it's here of all places!"

"Too bad they're completely unhelpful." Texty complained. "Trust me, I tried getting the information I could, but all I saw were a few notes Airy left behind."

Liam set Texty's computer on the table. He looked around the cabin with a sigh. Texty and the charger were already on the table. He didn't need much else. Bringing the axe would just harm himself, so that idea was off the table, metaphorically.

"I think you have everything. Unless you want to carry sticks and reeds." Texty said. "Should we leave?"

"We have to tell the others what's going on first."

------------------------

Back in the cave, Liam had to hastily explain the new plan. "I'm getting closer to solving this, guys." He said over the microphone. "This should be a quick trip."

The contestants were all gathered together, next to a giant pile of sand. They seemed happier now, even Bryce looked relieved. They were speaking over each other, wishing him good luck. "You got this, Liam." Bryce had said, with a thumbs up.

Scenty waved at him, or at the sky, specifically. "We'll be waiting!"

"Thanks." He said with a fond smile. He pushed away from the mic, and looked at the Plane more directly. The sand was untouched, and the people beside had stopped waving at the sky. They gathered around Scenty, who looked to be talking with them.

"One last thing." Cloudy wrote. "If you need to drag Airy around with you, here's the command."

Liam watched as Texty copied the command and pasted it on another note. He asked, "Is this a... kill command for Airy?"

"Hey, don't make assumptions." Cloudy quickly typed, "I needed it in case he ever wanted to leave for good, nothing more."

He looked at Texty, an unfettered look of suspicion on his face. If he had the choice to leave this whole time, what was stopping Airy from leaving? Did he really just want to make everyone on the Plane suffer, even those that came before them? He noticed Texty labeled the text as "Airy kill code" out of the corner of his eye. He shook his head, focusing on getting ready to leave instead of mulling over his angry thoughts.