Seungcheol pressed the warm gun against his temple, the recent discharge leaving a lingering heat against his skin. 

"Funny thing is," he remarked with a wry smile, "I should probably be relieved I have one less problem to deal with. But we both know she'll come back around," he added, his smirk suggesting he almost welcomed the inevitable confrontation.

"And I'll be ready when she does. I can't wait for that moment," he continued in a low, almost sweet tone, his mind swirling with numerous thoughts, all of them revolving around Jisoo. "I'll take my time with her. The future Miss Choi..."

"Mingyu, why are we here? I want to go home," Jisoo said nervously, her fingers anxiously fidgeting as she stood on the sofa in Minghao's apartment.

He sighed before taking a seat next to her, gently grasping her hands in his own, understanding that her anxiety was getting the best of her.

"We can't go home," Mingyu replied softly, tilting his head down to meet her gaze, his eyes filled with understanding and empathy.

"But why?" she asked, furrowing her brows. 

"Because it's not safe right now," he explained gently.

She scrutinized his expression for a moment before pressing on with a frown. "Mingyu, you're hiding something. Tell me the truth, why can't we go home?" she asked once more, her tone filled with determination. 

Mingyu sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration before meeting her gaze again.

"Because they'll send you back to him," he finally admitted, his voice heavy with the weight of the truth. 

Confusion clouded her expression, evident in the furrow of her brows as she tried to process his words.

"What?" she asked, shaking her head in disbelief. "This can't be true," Jisoo protested, her voice filled with denial as she struggled to comprehend what he just said.