xvii ━ bon soir baby

Start from the beginning

The ogre got a silver arrow right between the eyes and melted into a pile of clay.

"Damn," Rebecca whispered, Piper looked at her.

"Damn indeed."

Thalia stood and retrieved her arrow, but the point had snapped off.

"That was my last one." She kicked the pile of clay resentfully. "Stupid ogre."

"Nice shot, though," Leo said.

Leo still didn't give up on Thalia, didn't he know he had no chance with her? She was a hunter of Artemis.

Thalia ignored him as usual. She hugged Jason, fist bumped Rebecca and nodded to Piper. "Just in time. My Hunters are holding a perimeter around the mansion, but we'll be overrun any minute."

"By Earthborn?" Rebecca asked.

"And wolves-Lycaon's minions." Thalia blew a fleck of ice off her nose. "Also storm spirits-"

"But we gave them to Aeolus!" Piper protested.

"Who tried to kill us," Leo reminded her. "Maybe he's helping Gaea again."

"I don't know," Thalia said. "But the monsters keep re-forming almost as fast as we can kill them. We took the Wolf House with no problem: surprised the guards and sent them straight to Tartarus.
But then this freak snowstorm blew in. Wave after wave of monsters started attacking.
Now we're surrounded. I don't know who or what is leading the assault, but I think they planned this. It was a trap to kill anyone who tried to rescue Hera."

"Where is she?" Jason asked.

"Inside," Thalia said. "We tried to free her, but we can't figure out how to break the cage. It's only a few minutes until the sun goes down.
Hera thinks that's the moment when Porphyrion will be reborn. Plus, most monsters are stronger at night. If we don't free Hera soon-" She didn't need to finish the thought.

"Do we really have to save her?" Asked Rebecca.

Thalia sighed, "we do."

Rebecca, Leo, Jason, and Piper followed her into the ruined mansion.

Jason stepped over the threshold and immediately collapsed.

"Hey!" Rebecca caught him. "What's wrong?"

"This place..." Jason shook his head. "Sorry ... It came rushing back to me."

He looked at her, Rebecca slowly stepped back.

He clenched his jaw. "I remember you."

Rebecca's face fell, the moment she had been dreading for so long.

"Jason I-"

"Save it," there was nothing of the warmth she was so used to. "Right now it's not the moment."

Her heart sunk, but she knew it was a consequence for her actions. Whatever she and Jason could've been was dead.

"So you have been here," Piper said.

"We both have," Thalia said. Her expression was grim, like she was reliving someone's death. "This is where my mom took us when Jason was a child. She left him here, told me he was dead. He just disappeared."