You mean the world to me

prompt : I almost lost you

Barry lightly knocked on her apartment door before slowly opened it and looked inside.

He couldn't see her but he could hear her soft sobs coming from her room.

He shut the door behind him before quietly making his way to Caitlin's room.

Barry found her sitting on her bed, her cheeks stained with tears, her sobs getting louder. She grabbed her a pillow and started hugging it before putting it to her face and screaming into it.

Barry walked into her room and sat next to her on her bed before wrapping his arms around.

He moved her body so she leaned against him before leaving light kisses into her hair trying to calm her down.

"I almost lost you" Caitlin cried into his arms.

"Shhh. I'm right here." Barry replied trying to stop her tears.

He moved his hand to her face before tiling it up to face him before repeating his sentence, making sure she understood.

He wiped away her tears before placing a light kiss on her forehead.

Caitlin was so scared when Barry tried to close the black hole in the sky, his vitals weren't stable from the time travelling and he was losing speed. She didn't know what she would have done if Barry hadn't made it, he meant the world to her and the thought that she might have lost him was scary.

"You mean the world to me, Barry" Caitlin said quietly.

Barry could see Caitlin's eyes start to droop so he started to move his arm away to lie her down.

"Stay" Caitlin whispered ever so softly that if Barry wasn't so concentrated in her he wouldn't have heard.

Barry laid her down gently before lying down next to her.

He carefully moved his arm so I laid over her waist before he closed he's eyes next to her.

"You mean the world to me too" Barry whispered back before falling asleep next to her.