Gunshots and Screaming

prompt : do it for me & don't die out there & you have to wake up

Gunshots and screaming.

That was all that we could hear from the base. I could feel tears start to trickle down my face. I felt useless not being able to help, to see what was happening. All I could do was sit and wait. The med bay had been prepped but I doubt even that will be enough.

May, Skye and Hunter had gone in to retrieve the captors. It was meant to be simple, in and out. I guess we had been ambushed.

"SKYE! Skye's been shot, she's loosing too much blood." May called through to me.

I yelled. Skye.

I quickly put my coms on before quickly trying to get May back on the line.

"May. Please you have to get out of there. Skye won't make it if you don't leave now! " I yelled, making sure they got out of there as soon as possible.

" please .. Simmons ... No" Skye called out, her voice harsh.

She started coughing and I could hear May try and get her out but she kept persisting.

"Skye- you have to get out of there. You'll lose too much blood and your slipping out of consciousness." I told her.

"I'll finish it. Tell everyone else to get out. I'll be fine" she tried to tell me.

" SKYE ! PLEASE ! I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. You have to come back. Please - Do it for me" I cried out, my cheeks splashed with tears.

"For you" she whispered back.

" ... Don't die out there" I told her, mimicking Bobbi's words.

It wasn't an hour later until they got it. May told me that Skye had lost too much blood and slipped into a sleep on their way back.

I moved her into our med bay on the bus. I checked her vitals before sitting down next to her.

I leaned my foreheads against her hand before placing a light kiss.

" why are you so stubborn. " I chastised her, even though she probably couldn't hear me.

" if you had just left when you were meant to, none of this would have happened." I let out a small laugh before wiping my endless tears.

"Please wake up. I said don't die out there. Going into an endless sleep is just as bad Skye. I need you with me, by my side - ever step of the way."

" please .. You have to make up ... For me. " those were the last things I said before I fell asleep in the chair next to her bed.

'Simmons' she croakily whispered.

I woke up before realising that Skye was awake.

I looked at her before getting up to check her vitals and making sure she was okay.

" stop worrying about me " Skye told me before leaning up and using her arm to pull me slightly down before pressing her lips against mine.