CANIS ALIENUS

Fred attempted to keep his ideas in place as he glanced at his own arm being sliced, mutilated, and enduring a stab on the visor.

Enduring much of an hemorrhage, the courier tried to resist, as Corey stalled the physical torture.

"Heh." The thug said, stained with blueish green blood on his mask and suit. "You're one of a helluva piece... Let me guess. SolEx? Corporate counterintel? Feds?"

The courier gazed at him, fighting for his breath before replying in a groggy voice. "You wouldn't be alive to ponder."

As he spoke, the branches once again seemed to bloat inside his chest cavity, damaging the captive protogen's internals. Once again being partially silenced, but it appears that whatever was going on, the thug was impeded of using any sort of mental dissection, at least for now.

"Are you not tired of wasting your time?" The courier directed. "I've already cooperated to all my extent."

"You're in no place of negotiating mutie..." The thug said, balling his left hand and preparing to lend a jab on his captive's visor. He intended to knock the courier out again, but his line of thought would be disrupted, one of his own henchmen set foot in the basement, opening the door before reaching out to his boss.

"Chief." The goon addressed. "Some AMA cars approaching us. Paramedics, cops. Whole cavalry." The henchman finished.

Corey retracted his left arm. "C-SWAT?" Before querying.

"No. Just badges. Gonna ready the men." The goon replied, pulling a pistol from within his coat, cocking it and pointing the weapon to the courier.

"The hell is with you?!" Corey forcefully lowered the goon's arm in a hastily manner.

"I warned bodysnatching this one was a crap idea. But you just went through it! If we kill him now we lure the badges out and call it day." The goon retorted.

"You're not the leader here. Now piss off. Try to negotiate, make it seem like an accidental call. But get some lead in the hands of my guys, don't wanna risk it." Corey noted down to him before giving the goon his orders.

The henchman gave a outraged gaze at his boss before putting the pistol back in his coat and gave a reply. "...right." Before quickly going back upstairs.

The courier let out an ironic grin, directing his eyes at his captor. Unsurprised in a way. He wouldn't speak, however, he was clearly delighted he'd be rescued.

Corey quickly reacted, balling his hand once more and hitting Fred in the snout, the latter closing his eyes not to see the punch, causing his courier to bleed out his characteristic blueish green life substance through the orifice. "Don't believe I'm over with you yet. And just I am so lucky... I have a way of breaking the ice in your head. Everything will be over soon..."

The courier didn't react much, he'd already have gone through so much chemical cycles he didn't knew what was real or not. But internally, he'd think to himself. "Finally. I will be getting the promotion, once I find myself leaving this situation."

Out of the basement and into airspace. Flight 9397 would be now exiting atmospherical reentry, it's heat shield protecting it. Zazda and Devon essentially being hugged by their seats due to the physics involved in spaceflight, but soon once the reentry passed, they'd be more relaxed now, as Earth's ten-gee hit.

"Yaugh! I missed this." Devon expelled as he began to stretch his arms.

Zazda on the other hand seemed to be a bit unpleased. She could withstand it, but to her, it felt like an itch behind the ear, or in this case, spine and legs. "I can't say I did."