ROTTEN GAMBLE

The two defenders, Farret and Bargues watch the bus from their surveillance equipment, the tech sergeant would comment about their asset. "Huh. Seems like he's got a bit more relaxed. Cortisol lowered a bit in favor of serotonin."

Bargues questioned. "Don't find that much interesting. Why it matters?"

And his work mate responded. "Usually you don't find their emotions by looking at their face. Their discipline n' all... you can at least take a guess by looking at their brain chemistry."

The high rank was actually surprised at that response. Mentioning something. "Y'know why we monitor him at all. He does not show it, but you know what the X-20 case has labeled on his file."

Farret acknowledged. "Right, I was just showing some unusual stuff. Poor guy indeed."

As they finished commenting, their hotline phone rang. Farret picking it up. "Tech Sergeant Farret speaking. What's the situation?"

The same operator in his sixties who talked to the border contact spoke. "Safe radio contact line established between civilian LEO, and your listening post. One of you two will have to hot switch between your stations and the ham."

Farret brought the post's ham radio closer to him with his free hand. And began cycling through the radio signals, still holding the handset. "Police frequency sir?

"Establishing a post-to-car channel... try frequency 475. I'll begin cycling scrambles from there." His master answered.

And so his underling began tuning. Eventually establishing contact with his Law Enforcement equivalent. "Patrol car 871, this is Sting Post. Do you copy?" He spoke in his ham's microphone.

A bit of static was heard before a reply came in. "Loud and clear Sting Post. Go ahead."

"10-4. Can you confirm your current location?" He further requested details.

Again, partial static came in before a response was provided by the cop. "Affirmative. I'm currently at K street in downtown."

"Mm. Copy that. I need you to head to the casino plaza, from your location, you'll have to move south towards W 6th Avenue, and make your way from there. Your goal is to identify the transport Charlie One Niner Eight Four, and to monitor for our asset, the info about him was already relayed." The Sec-Fo ordered through the mic.

Static came from the amateur radio speaker. Before the police officer responded. "10-4. I'll let you know of any activities."

"Copy that." The sergeant replied. Before putting the ham radio aside. Beginning to shift the satellite view of his monitors to accompany the police transport, in addition to the already occupied screen showing the commuter vehicle containing their legal protégé.

As the one lonely Anchorage Police Force officer arrived at the scene with his car. He began looking around through his windshield. He saw a coach coming in from the southeast, he managed to identify it as the transport Fred got, before properly parking in one of then plaza's parking slots, setting the car's gear to it's respective parking mode, only to then move his hand towards his car's internal door handle, and holding it, pressing a button on it to open the door, once the familiar click was heard, he slided the gullwing door up, heading out of the car.

Once out, he closed the door, sliding it down. He began to patrol the perimeter of the plaza, a black skinned man in a navy blue uniform and cap. His badge in the left of his uniform's chest clearly showed the Anchorage Police seal, and his surname below it, "Augustus".

In a bus stop, about ten feet from where Augustus was in the plaza. The transport arrived, halting as they got near enough the stop. Its doors opened, allowing the passengers to unload, to which they did, a small legion of humans and protogens alike exited.