SPECIAL DELIVERY

The stunning scene of skyscrapers, and a large wall separating Anchorage from the rest of the state could be seen from an aerial view. Presumably by a satellite, or aerial monitoring device.

In an office, two Air Force Security members would be sitting on rotating chairs, one of them sleeping. The other kept tabs on the computer monitor, which showed an aerial view. He looked at the digital alarm clock on his desk, it was a minute from their shift, which was midnight. Once he realized that, he'd wake up his colleague.

"Oi, Farret." He said, snapping his fingers in front of his face, before quickly continuing. "It's almost time, get to the sensors."

Farret opened his eyes. He'd yawn, before adjusting his posture, and moving his chair to another bank of monitors. "Yeah, I'm doing that." He'd begin turning on the terminal, putting on some operating system floppy disks on their respective reader drives, causing it to make several characteristic computer-ish bleeps and bloops, before the monitors eventually showed sensor readings in a blue-ish purple background, in white font. "Telemetrics, online. Locking on the transponder... now. Vital signs clear, the asset is asleep."

"Accompanying the asset from surveillance now. His run was scheduled for tonight... he better not be late. Otherwise it's gonna be a very boring night. Heh, and I like boring nights" He'd say. Before locking his eyesight onto his camera monitor, also changing the field of view by moving a joystick on his desk, it now showed the aerial view of a small, plastic dome shaped "home", it had markings on its roof saying "Kintetsu Private Services - Substation Vega". From there, he'd continue monitoring.

Inside the dome. It was divided into eight small sections due to the limited size: An administration office, four housing bays, and two locker rooms which served the purpose of cargo storage as well as being a sanitizing bay. Inside housing bay four, a protogen resided, the bay was if anything, spartan and contained only the essentials: a bed, a television on top of a desk, and a closet, to which it's inhabitant adorned some anatomical schemes to it using duct tape. The remaining free space on his desk that was not occupied by the television was littered with various books, ranging from a Holy Bible, to a copy of the U.S. Code of Interspecies Ethics, 2016 edition. Shortly after midnight hit, the protogen would begin its "awakening".

His appearance was if anything curious, a black roundy visor protruding from his facial cavity, resembling some kind of animal snout, most of his body covered in white fur, save for his chest, which was enveloped by an artificial metallic material casing along with his waist, crotch and thighs, the latter part of his body containing round screens on their sides.

The visor of the yet unidentified cyborg creature sparked to life, by displaying a cyan progress bar of optical sensor engagement, which once it rapidly progressed, it was replaced by a pair of eyes and two "nostrils", despite the real nostrils of the unit being located in another place, strangely enough, a mouth wasn't displayed. Shortly after the visor engaging, the being started getting up.

It made a yawn. It had a male voice, only then, the mouth would be displayed on his visor, and there it would stay permanently, adjusting as he either spoke, or went silent. "Mm. Time to begin." His body was at max roughly a humanoid with digitigrade and other mammalian features such as the previously mentioned white fur and the black visor where usually a face would be.

He'd begin getting ready. The living contraption would get himself a pair of black athletic tight shorts and a loose sleeveless white shirt from his closet, wearing them, he'd look at himself by his TV's reflex, noticing the serial tattoo on his neck, "NX-5768" is visible, but he dismisses it, as far as he knows, he is the only one awake. The individual would then walk all his way to the dome's washing area, entering it through a sliding door. The area seems to possess rather than showers, some gel dispensers on the walls, some mirrors along with chairs as well as three "drying booths". The area didn't seem to be intended for long term usage, since protogens required liters of water to actually get fully cleansed, rather opting for a cheaper solution. Some clothing lockers were present next to the door he used to enter the area, on the left side of the entryway.