MISSING RECIPIENT

Bargues exclaimed as he finally pinpointed their courier's location, the mailboy was in a residence in Anchorage's residential sector. "Got 'em. A house in Sector Two, number 451 near the border between the city and the rest of the state. I'll be preparing a tac team. Has the old man responded?"

"... Not yet." Farret responded. "Goddamn comm traffic." he said, before putting the hotline phone's handset on its stand once again, before reaching for the CCTV console, setting the camera previously monitoring the casino plaza, now on the house Fred was located. "I'll try a long range vid-link. Outdated but it oughta do the job." He then quickly made one of the satellites they were using look out into outer space, pin pointing a specific object.

It had a snow-white hull, almost shiny, but which had suffered damage from its stay in the cold void, the only thing that overlaid the hull was a large text in black capital letters: "SHOGUN - 1", in the Latin alphabet , and an equivalent version in Kanji characters.

It had the shape of a Torus, a donut so to speak, in its center, a Zero-G command tower for the crew in the shape of a narrower cylinder, reminiscent of an old transfer point model, converted into some type of orbital hotel.

In one of the rooms in artificial spin gravity, a protogen resided, this one seemingly in black, female underwear covering her metal plating areas such as a chest and groin. Protogens seemed to have some cultural reason for using clothing at all, despite their own body not needing it, perhaps aesthetic.

The room she was in was round in nature due to Shogun's overall shape, the walls were characteristically white, but it seems lighting was adjusted to a blue tone, making it seem the room itself was blue. There was only one sliding door in it with a panel to it's side, allowing it's resident to move to other areas. She seemed to be meditating on top of a carpet, sitting criss cross, her hands stood calmly on her ankles, forming a ring with her fingers, she was doing something similar to a prayer, but in protogen language in front of a shrine that was attached to the wall containing various adornments relating to cosmic events, as well as Buddhist symbolism, nothing necessarily connected to each other. A blue book in p'voshiskritt characters stood on top of the shrine.

Suddenly, she found herself pausing her spiritual session as the station computer notified in a male, choppy artificial voice: "You have: One VideoLink Request Present."

She sighed, uncrossed her legs and stood up, before saying to the computer. "Put it on screen." She spoke, the digital representation of her mouth resembling much that of Fred's, but being colored red, the same as her eyes, except those resembled much more a female styled eye design than that of the courier.

The officer appeared on her computer screen, the same which resided on top of her desk, behind her carpet and shrine, the link was unstable, static dominated the screen. She sighed as she strolled near her small office desk containing her device, before moving the chair between her thick legs, and sat down to look at him, before calling out his title. "Sergeant."

"Do you listen? Loud and clear?" Farret spoke, the link had a delay of three minutes, so it took a bit for him to respond, his audio delayed, glitchy, his image being no different.

"Yes I do... I am waiting for what you have to say." The female said, splaying her arms over her desk, seemingly bored, but rather just quite a bit annoyed she was bothered in her own moment.

"We'll require you and Doc D to come down. Expect a medical emergency. Possible surgery required." He said with a 6 minute delay of him to receive the female's , before static partially dominated the screen for a bit. "The asset has been compromised." he continued.

In a way she was intrigued. She approached her snout near the screen a bit. Not too close as to bump her nose. "I'll see what I can do about the transport. We're coming down."