Chapter 1: All Fun and Games

ابدأ من البداية

"Two weeks before the start of our school year. What are your plans?" Maloi said, seating beside me after ordering our snacks.

"I'll quit volleyball and I will focus on acads." Colet replied, roaming her eyes around the cafe.

"I don't know. Maybe I will be focusing more on my acads too?" Mikha butted in.

"Great! Me too but to add some spice to my high school life, I will look for a certain girl that I am crushing on. I swear, she's worth every rizz." Maloi dreamily said. When I say 'dreamily', the three of us can literally see the stars on her eyes. Like a love sick puppy.

They all looked at me, waiting for my reply. I fixed my hair, ready to answer what they wanted to hear from me. "Oh, mag-aaral akong mabuti."

With that, I saw them smile at me but it immediately disappeared when I added, "Joke lang! Puro kayo acads and love life, medyo nakakarindi. What is acads when I am friends with you, guys?"

"Puro ka kalokohan!" Colet shook her head.

"When will you take things seriously ba? We're all excited kung paano ka magseseryoso." Maloi told me.

"Soon, my friends. Be patient kasi!"

"I am praying and hoping na may dumating sa buhay mo na kaya kang ituwid. Namamali ka na ng daan." Mikha scolded me like a child but I just stuck out my tongue to her. Not planning to take seriously of what she just said.

When our orders arrived, we ate like a cave man. After that, we all decided to go home. I need to practice some new dance routine para hindi ako masapawan pag nagstart na ang classes.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I shouted without looking at the living room, not knowing na nandoon lang sila at tinitingnan ako. I made a peace sign and kissed the both of them in their cheeks.

"So, have you two discussed about my PS5 na po?" I asked cutely.

"Have a seat, anak. We have to talk." Mom told me while signaling me to sit in front of them.

I carefully sit down while looking at them. Mukha silang seryoso, bihira naman sila magpatawag ng family meeting. Well, my brother is already working at the Vergara's as a nurse kaya palaging wala.

"About your PS5, we will buy you one." Dad announced so I stood up and jumped while raising my two hands. "But we have three conditions." he added, kaya nawala ang mga ngiti ko.

"Three, dad? I passed all my subjects!" I protested.

"Well, it turns out that you need to learn more lessons pa." Mom butted in.

"Uh, boring." kantyaw ko sa kanila.

"I'll pretent that we didn't hear that. If the principal didn't call, hindi pa namin malalaman mga kalokohan mo. You're grounded, Shee." Mom calmly told me as if para lang siyang nakikipagkwentuhan sa akin.

"Fine! May I know what's the three conditions?" I asked.

"First condition, you'll take your studies seriously. Second, you have to adopt a kitten and name it. The kitten will be your responsibility. And oh, third, my favorite." dad smirked. "Do the honor, hon."

"I'm not liking your smirk, dad." I commented.

"We will send you to The Vergara's Hospital where your brother is working. You have to work there, I believe on going ang program nila for those teenagers in the hospital who left school because they are not fit to attend classes anymore. You'll help there." Mom added.

"What? Did I heard you right, mom? You are going to send me at Vergara's Hospital because I'm grounded?" I exaggeratedly asked my mom.

"Yes, our little chaotic offspring." My mom confirmed. "You need to learn your lesson.
At bakit mo ba binato 'yong tv ng classroom niyo? Not to mention some stuffs you did pa. We are giving you allowance tapos hindi ka pumapasok?" She added.

"I'm not going to have this conversation with you, mom." I said and shook my head.

"Hay, anak. When will you ever learn? Anak nga talaga kita. You know when I was a kid, I used to cut classes too. Good thing my girlfriend before which is my wife now is the class valedictorian." Dad laughed and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Are you suggesting me to wife up Colet?" I grossly asked. It's not like Colet is not an ideal type but bro, she's my best friend. Hindi kami talo!

"Enough! Shee, we're not doing this just because gusto namin. We're sending you there because you'll attend classes together with patients, you'll help the staffs too." Mom told me.

"Ugh, boring!" I said and went upstairs. I'm not liking the idea of it.

What will my friends think? Hassle! This is not cool. But fuck that! I'll just do whatever I want when I get there. After all, I will do everything to get that PS5 that my parents promised.

And maybe, I'll take the chances of meeting someone who can possibly change me. A motivation to start a new bright beginning — not just all fun and games.