Chapter 208: Protect and Wait

Start from the beginning

Yao Jiahong was a little disappointed. Jennie used to love this porridge.

She had already put on her headphones and begun listening to something. Occasionally, she would lower her head and write something in her notebook.

Yao Jiahong had no choice but to eat the porridge himself. He didn’t even know how to eat it.

The filming location was on the Shen family’s territory, and the entire crew had been transferred over from the Shen family’s Diamond Music crew. It was much more spacious and bright than their usual filming location, and the equipment was comprehensive. Wen Yongwei and Jennie had been assigned a separate changing room and dressing room.

Kang Cheng and Wen Yongwei had already arrived earlier.

As someone who had signed on for Diamond Music and who had been personally requested by Shen Shuangnan, Wen Yongwei could be considered a direct descendant of the Shen family. Since she was unwilling to fall behind others, she naturally had to be more polite and proper than ‘outsiders’ like Jennie.

Jennie and Yao Jiahong arrived at the appointed time, and Wen Yongwei’s makeup was already done.

When she saw Jennie, she took the initiative to greet her. “Jennie.”

“Morning,” Jennie replied. Compared to Wen Yongwei’s warm and generous attitude, Jennie appeared too businesslike.

Wen Yongwei didn’t mind at all. “Let’s get going.”

The director, Luo Qi, was a director at Diamond Music. He had filmed many MVs for Diamond Music’s singers and had also created several advertisements for products under the name of the Shen Corporation. Needless to say, he was very capable.

After Wen Yongwei changed into her costume, she decided to talk to Luo Qi about the shoot.

Speaking of which, even though Wen Yongwei had won the title of ‘Ultimate Singer Songwriter’, she did not have any filming experience. Everything had to be learnt from scratch.

Fortunately, filming advertisements did not require much experience or acting skills.

Besides, Jennie was also a newcomer in this aspect. The two of them did not have much of an advantage. So naturally, the person who communicated with the director first could earn an advantage.

Luo Qi knew that Wen Yongwei was a direct employee of his family, so his attitude was quite good. However, when he saw the clothes and makeup she was wearing, he still had some doubts. “Yongwei, your makeup isn’t right, is it?”

Wen Yongwei looked down at her dress. “There’s nothing wrong with it. Director Luo, it’s written in the script that a princess and a poor girl will be in the advertisement. The two of them will use Grace cosmetics together. The advertisement’s theme is that no matter what identity a girl has, she has to protect herself. With Grace, no matter what identity she has, she can live like a princess and become the princess of her own world.”

Because Wen Yongwei was a direct employee of the Shen family and was the champion, while Jennie was only the runner-up, and the management contract was in the hands of another company, Kang Cheng and Wen Yongwei naturally thought that Wen Yongwei would play the princess in this commercial. Therefore, she had dressed like a princess the moment she arrived.

The dress was borrowed from a big brand by Kang Cheng. It was extremely elegant and beautiful. The hemline of the dress was decorated with flowers and golden threads, and the imitation diamonds sparkled, broadcasting the princess’ identity and status everywhere.

Wen Yongwei didn’t finish her sentence, but she had already implied so much.

Luo Qi understood. He said awkwardly, “Yongwei, among the ideas we received, the person playing the princess is… Jennie.”