Ghosted Murder Chapter 24

Chapter 24: The Final Countdown

An Hour Before Melissa's Abduction...

Melissa is wearing white jeans followed by a green baggy knitted top listens to The Clash, Should I Stay or Should I Go plays on her little orange radio. She is barefooted with painted toenails of glossy red rose color. She begins to mix cake batter in a plastic bowl she holds as she hums to the music and dances. Felix, the white, fluffball cat begins to stroll the kitchen for his dinner. "Meow." He purrs. "Oh, Felix. This carrot cake is going to be amazing. Just wait and see. The boys are going to love it." Meanwhile, outside her house, a white van pulls up. Two men in skull masks sit in the car. The driver signals the passenger for binoculars.

He gives it to him and begins to watch Melissa cook. The driver signals the passenger to head towards the house. The passenger gets his pistol and gets it ready to use. Inside the house, Melissa is unobservant to the men heading towards her house. Felix hops on the window looking out the front of the house. He notices the two men and begins to hiss. Melissa notices and tells Felix to, "Get down! You're going to scratch the curtains." Just then, Melissa hears a trash bin fall outside. She jumps in fright.

She quickly rushes over to Felix, grabbing him. Melissa gazes out the front window, noticing no one was there. Crouching down, the noise begins to get louder at the front of her house. She quickly grabs a kitchen knife and turns the music off. Scurrying begins to surround the house. Mel finds a hiding spot in a brown cabinet. She grabs her phone from her pocket and dials John. "You need to get here quickly!" She whispers. The two men enter the house from the side basement door, armed. One had a gun and the other had a crowbar. She covers her mouth with her hands as she hangs up the phone. 

"Boss wants the girl. So, we find the girl." One of The Deadly Skull assassins said. They begin to search and destroy the house. Mel begins to dial 911 shakily. She closes her eyes holding her phone to her heart, praying for her life. "911 what is your emergency?" A young lady answers. Not long after, one of the guys passes the cabinet and halts. She begins to sweat and panic. The cat remains still. Felix meows accidentally and the man faces the cabinet, opening the door wide. Melissa drops Felix and her phone. She quickly grabs the kitchen knife that she had placed in her pocket while hiding and stabs the man's shoulder. 

He reacts. "Ow!" Struggling, Melissa jumps on the man's back. The other man rushes over and grabs her from behind. "Get off me!" Felix takes off. He throws her across the room, making her hit her head on the corner of the dining table. Her head is split open. She struggles to look and get up. The man that had grabbed her pulled her hair back and then kicked her stomach, winding her. Mel gasps for air.

"The fucking bitch stabbed me!"

 "Get over it!" The assassin said to the other in a snappy tone. 

"Grab her and let's go."