Ghosted Murder Chapter 6

Chapter Six: Love and Drugs

4 Years Before...

At the start of senior year, young Mona with a short dark brown ponytail, and pink cheeks wearing a black Motley Crue shirt of all the band members on motorbikes with skinny bootleg jeans, and black and white Converse heads into a science classroom. The room had long desks that crossed the whole room with stools scattered everywhere. As she stands by the door, all the students in the class gaze at her. All the girls had purmed hair and frilly clothes and the boys wore leather pants and jackets. Their hair was greased up and slicked back. She walks into the room with a sky blue and white backpack and takes a seat next to young Tarni who wears light green suspenders and her hair is as orange as fire.

Next to Tarni sat young Abby Thatcher who wore a leather pink skirt and a frilled white top. They both flick their hair and whisper to each other while giggling at a young boy in the classroom. Tarni turns to notice Mona and gazes at her followed by a bright warm smile. Mona grins back. Young Tarni moves her chair close to her and points at her bag on the ground beside Mona. "I love your bag. Where did you get it?" She questions in a soft-spoken tone. Mona glances at her bag and smiles. "Thanks. My Aunt brought it for me." Tarni nods quietly. "My name is Tarni McGavin." She introduces herself as she extends her hand. "Mona Washington." They both shake hands.  A middle-aged science teacher with chocolate spiral hai, enters the classroom with a tone of books. "Class, my name is Miss Rosalina. I will be your science teacher for this year. We will be learning about particles and cells this term." As the teacher continues to talk, another young dark girl rushes into the classroom. "Sorry, I am late." She shouts.

All the students start to laugh and bicker as she drops all her books. Abby chuckles and says, "What a loser." The teacher frowns at the young girl. "Katie? If you insist on participating in my class, you need to start arriving on time." She sighs. "Take a seat." the young girl's head drops and finds a spot at the back of the class. Mona watches her to notices she is sad. She leans over to Tarni and asks. "Who is that girl?" Tarni looks back and grins. "That's Katie. She just recently moved to this school." Abby cuts in. "She's a freak. She is from an orphanage." Tarni sighs. "She is really quiet. I guess people just have to get to know her I think." Mona nods as her gaze becomes attentive to the teacher.

4 Years Later...

Wednesday morning arrives, and Mona marches into school, furious, with Tarni at her side. They go down the open corridor, passing pupils at their lockers, some of whom are mingling with one another.

"How can Jordan be suspended for defending himself? Is that some sort of joke?"

Mona argues, and Tarni sighs. "Well, they were both suspended for three days." It could have been much worse." Mona stops, turning towards her locker and opening it wide to retrieve her belongings. "It's ludicrous. I was the one that knocked Bingo out, but I haven't been called into the head office yet." Mona is debating when she is interrupted by the school's principal, who is standing outside his office door.