Ghosted Murder Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Trap The Truth

Day After Explosion...

On Monday morning, Mathew watches the news as the reporter discusses the incident involving the burning down of the McGavin Industries. Mathew yells and snarls at the television. "HE'S FUCKING GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT HE DID!" He shouts and fusses, which Audrey hears as she enters from another room.

"Please calm down, darling. We can solve the problem. Please don't do anything stupid." He pushes away violently, and she softly clutches his arm. In his polished black laced leather shoes and marooned school uniform, Jacob approaches the room bewildered.

To go to his car, Mathew starts to storm out the front door. Audrey keeps an anxious eye on him. She observes Jacob becoming worried. "Is Dad doing okay?" As she pats his shoulder, Audrey tries to smile. "He'll be alright. Get your bag, please, honey." Audrey bites her fingers in concern as Jacob exits the room.

~~~

Mathew approaches Henry's main office building, which was so large it seemed to reach the sky. He storms through the sliding glass doors with his head focused straight forward.

A counter constructed of gyprock and pearls was visible as he passed through the room's open, clean design. A pretty young English woman in pigtails with light freckles on her cheeks sits at the desk using a dated white box computer. She is startled as Mathew smacks his fists on the counter, alerting her.

"Where is he?"

He bellows angrily. She pauses, swallowing her words. "Mr. McGavin?" She asks in surprise. "I need to talk to your fucking boss," he said. "NOW!" In an effort of tone to comfort Mathew, the receptionist says,

"Mr. Thatcher is currently busy."

"I couldn't care less. Get him out!"

The receptionist picks up the corded phone and starts to dial Henry's office phone."Mr Thatcher? Sir? Mr. McGavin is here to see you right away." She meets Mathew's eyes as she hangs up the phone. "Mr. Thatcher instructed you to enter his office. It's the first floor..." "I am aware of how to get there!" He cuts off the receptionist and leaves.

~~~

Mathew bursts in as Henry relaxes in his comfortable chair. Henry laughs. "Miss the sensation of lounging in an office like this?" "I know what you did. You think you can get away with all of this?" Henry smirks.

"Pardon me? It's not my fault that when I was working to save my family name. You stole every opportunity and client from me!"

"You lying scumbag! You were so envious of my success in life and simply couldn't handle it! All of this rich life of yours was handed to you. I put my entire life's effort into building my homes and enterprises."

Matthew goes on.

"And now, you ruined my life! You stole billions of dollars from my businesses!" He is interrupted by Henry, who growls.