𝕺𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗

With a grimace etched on his face, Erwin yanked you free from the titan's nape. His legs were frozen in place, refusing to cooperate with his urgent need for movement. The sensation of searing heat licked at his hands as he pulled you out, a burning reminiscent of Eren's fiery emergence from his titan form. Without wasting another second, he freed you entirely.

"She's breathing," Erwin announced, voice strained in the eerie quiet that had fallen over them. "But she's unconscious. After years trapped within a titan, it might take her some time to return to us." His words hung heavy in the air, a stark reminder of your lost humanity.

Levi's gaze held hints of confusion as he took in your lifeless form. Doubts gnawed at him relentlessly: what if this rescue was all for naught? You had been ensnared by your monstrous form for so long; could you even adapt back into your human body? You were merely a child when death claimed you first. Now, after years spent as a titan, how would your mind and body react?

He knew deep down that caring for you would be an arduous task - one he wasn't sure he was equipped to handle anymore. He is a captain now, not the protective older brother he once was.

His gaze flickered towards Eren who was hastily scaling the decaying wolf titan. When Eren descended with your limp body cradled in his arms, Levi noticed no signs of discomfort despite the lingering heat emanating from you - just another testament to Eren's own experiences as a titan.

A stifling silence fell between them as Levi studied your changed features: matured face and hair so black and long it kissed the ground beneath it.

"We should head back," Levi finally broke the silence before turning away without another word.

The group nodded in agreement while Eren, still holding your unconscious form, fell into step behind Levi. His green eyes flickered down to your peaceful face. He wondered how you managed to retain sanity while trapped in your titan form beyond the safety of their walls.

You were so light in his arms, a stark contrast to the heavy burden of your experiences. He bit the inside of his cheek, he couldn't help but wonder about the horrors you had witnessed. After all, their world was nothing more than a breeding ground for death, and everyone was forced to breathe it in.

As dawn broke on the following day, a curtain of gray clouds hung low over Paradis Island, unleashing a torrent of rain that drummed against the wooden architecture of the military base. The unconscious form of you lay sprawled in bed, your chest rising and falling unevenly.

Hange, her glasses perched precariously on her nose, was engrossed in monitoring your vital signs. Her gloved fingers moved with practiced ease as she checked your pulse and scribbled down numbers on a worn-out notepad. Her brows furrowed in concentration as she studied your dormant form.

Levi often found himself sitting at the foot of your bed, his striking eyes riveted to your face. His usual stoic expression softened into one of disbelief and concern. He'd reach out occasionally, his calloused fingers lightly grazing your neck to ensure you were still breathing. Even during his breaks when he would usually enjoy a cup of tea, he'd bypass his routine to check on you instead.

"Do you think she will wake up?" Levi's voice cut through the silence like a shard of broken glass. His fingers tightened around the rim of an untouched teacup.

Hange adjusted her glasses and sighed heavily. "Remember Eren? It took him three days to regain consciousness after transforming into a titan for the first time." She paused momentarily before adding gravely, "But your sister...she's been in titan form for far too long."

"But will she wake up?" Levi's question echoed in the room.

"I wish I knew, Levi," Hange admitted with an air of frustration. "I can study titans all I want but it doesn't make me one."