Chapter 160: Triple Punishment, The Cauldron Burning

Start from the beginning

'I'd suggest giving them severe punishments, especially Mandy, just to remind them they are servants, and you're the Prince; you can be as friendly as you want with each other, as long as neither forgets their status.' Added Illumia advising Elif to the best of her ability.

As I mulled over Illumia's words, it seemed the three kneeling women had finally come to a decision about their punishments; however, after speaking with Illumia, I'm going to increase whatever punishment they decide on.

"Seeing you three look at me, I assume you're ready to share your punishment; Mandy, you go first." Stated Elif as he glanced at Mandy, who quickly nodded in response.

"For actions, I believe cauldron burning for twenty-four hours is an appropriate punishment unless, of course, if you wish to change it, you're Highness." Replied Mandy solemnly, her words causing Illumia to smirk while Elif was filled with surprise.

I know I had just told myself I was going to increase the punishment for whatever they decided, but I hadn't expected Mandy to choose something so insane, given the severity of her mistake; sure, you could say her mistake didn't seem like much, but she didn't have full faith in me, her Prince, and that alone already deserved ample punishment.

'Still, cauldron burning for a full day is a bit excessive, in my opinion; however, since she chose that, it just means she's that serious about repenting for her mistake.' Thought Elif while feeling slightly conflicted about the whole thing, as cauldron burning was considered a higher form of punishment; of course, nothing compared to the highest forms of torture.

"Since you chose cauldron burning, that means you know how painful it'll be, so I won't bother saying anything. Marley, you're next; what is your punishment." Said Elif as he eyed the determined Mandy before shifting her focus toward Marley.

"I'll be choosing the same punishment as Mandy, your Highness." Said Marley solemnly as she stared into Elif's eyes.

"I'll also be choosing Mandy's punishment, your Highness." Added Idonea with unwavering resolution.

Now, if Mandy's words surprised me, imagine how I felt when I heard Idonea and Marley speak; for a few seconds, I didn't even say anything and just stared blankly at them.

"Do either of you even know what the cauldron-burning punishment is?" Asked Elif with a twitching frown while glancing between the two.

"No, Your Highness. Not a clue, you Highness." Replied Idonea and Marley, respectively, but their words only served to frustrate Elif.

"So, if neither of you know what that punishment is, why did the two of you pick that punishment?" Questioned Elif while rubbing his forehead, hoping to ease his frustration.

"Because you seemed shocked when Mandy said it, and from what you responded with, it seems to be a very severe punishment; the more severe the punishment we endure, the more it demonstrates our desire to repent for our actions and seek your forgiveness." Replied Marley seriously while Idonea nodded in agreement.

Sighing at their words, I looked at their faces, only to see nothing but determined and dignified expressions, which only ended up with me sighing once again since neither of them knew what they were asking for.

"Please allow us to receive this punishment, your Highness; from your lack of response, we can tell it must be incredibly dangerous, but even so, that only serves to harden our resolve to endure said punishment." Stated Idonea sincerely with unwavering eyes as she, Marley, and Mandy looked at Elif.

"Haa, fine, since you desire this punishment so much, I'll allow it, but your punishment will not be as long as Mandy's; you two may have disappointed me, but I don't need you two possibly dying." Declared Elif in defeat; though his words caused both Marley and Idonea to gulp nervously, neither's determination faltered for a second.

"Thank you, your Highness; you will not be disappointed again!" Said the three women simultaneously.

"You three can stop kneeling now. Since you all wish to do the cauldron burning, we'll do it while we're at the Divine Phoenix Clan; no sense in prolonging your punishments." Declared Elif with as he waved his hand toward the three.

Now that the talk was over, the three women stopped kneeling and returned to their previous seats, though Mandy had exited the carriage and returned to her usual duty of guarding my carriage; when that happened, I stopped Illumia from moving as after everything that happened, I'm in need of a nice lap to rest my head on.

"Really, your Highness?" Remarked Illumia blandly as she looked down at Elif, whose head was on her lap.

"Yes, really; now don't move; your thighs feel like soft pillows." Replied Elif with equal blandness while Illumia shook her head and closed her eyes.
___
___

"We've arrived, your Highness." Stated Illumia as she glanced at Elif, who was looking out the carriage.

Nodding at Illumia's words while looking out the window, I viewed the numerous volcanoes we passed, some active while others slumbering. I was pretty fascinated at the Phoenix Clan's territory, but at the same time, the area made sense; it was a place where fire was abundant, something I'm sure Phoenixes liked.

"They've even got a welcoming party for my arrival; wonder how long they've been waiting." Remarked Elif as he spotted various figures in the distance with flaming hair dangling behind them.

'Hopefully, this time, there isn't a situation like where I almost killed Edvin; I doubt I'd be able to hold myself back for a second time.' Thought Elif, rage bubbling inside him whenever he thought of Edvin.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 242: Butting Heads) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 124: Nightly Confession) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 213: Vanishing Island)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 172: Sunstone Crystal) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]